no more asking me what do you want for christmas

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
faithtalker1
Motorcycle: GL1500se

no more asking me what do you want for christmas

Postby faithtalker1 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:11 pm

I just bought a 1995 GL1500SE and am ecstatic about it. Only 34,000 miles barely broke in. Now no one needs to ask me what I want for my B-Day, fathers day or christmas. Answer wing money lol dress up parts, light kits etc... If anyone out there has any unwanted accessories I am in the market for some, I got the back rest and armrest already taken care of, but aside from that there are no other extras on this bike so anything else that some one has for sale reasonable I would consider purchasing. Nice place, so far everyone I have talked to or asked questions has been very helpful and friendly, Thanks guys Mike, Chris etc... for making this a pleasant experience. Any and all general info someone could give me about this machine would be helpful as well and I owned an 86 aspencade and every since I traded it for a 1300r vtx I have wanted a GL1500 and I got the SE to boot the only thing that would have been any better would have been to find it in an Aspencade.
Thanks again all look forward to exchanging stories and all in here for years to come. Going on a 2500 mi round trip next week. I am meeting a friend in Fairmont West Virginia my hometown and we are headed into Kentucky to ride around Black Mountain. If any of you have never ridden in West Virginia before you have to go some time it is absolutely beautiful country, I would like to ride colorado, any one else have suggestions about trips or some place you've been. I do 2 major trips a season and may be making it 3 now that I have all this protection from the elements.

thrasherg
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Re: no more asking me what do you want for christmas

Postby thrasherg » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:56 pm

The rule is, if there's no pictures it didn't happen!! :D Need some pictures of the new machine!! Congrats on getting it..

Gary

faithtalker1

Postby faithtalker1 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:04 am

Too funny :) I will have to have wife post those all I know how to do on here is type lol. I did see how it says to add pics to post so I will figure it out. Thanks for replying I will def. post pics of wing and vtx Told wife I would get rid of Vtx but hopefully she will forget about that part come spring LOL :lol: :lol:

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:53 pm

thrasherg wrote:The rule is, if there's no pictures it didn't happen!! :D Need some pictures of the new machine!! Congrats on getting it..

Gary

Oh, good one, I think we would all like to see this amazing motorbike, I for one sure do ha ha...Hey go straight to the big stuff first, Trailer :shock: :o :lol:

riffraff
Motorcycle: 1983GL1100 std

Postby riffraff » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:24 am

Just get the wife something nice and she should forget the VTX part. That and move it off to the side. Kind a out of the way. Make sure it doesn't look like it's takin up alot of space and you should be good.

rhassan
Motorcycle: 1983 Goldwing Interstate

Postby rhassan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 am

Nice.
I have a few suggestions, but they're a haul from where you are.
Closest would be west Tennessee, U.S. 129 (Deel's Gap). Another guy on the forum just reminded me about this place. It's a great sightseeing road.

Also, a couple years back I took U.S. 60 through the Tonto National Forest in Arizona and that was a wonderful trip. Best to do that one in cooler months.

I plan on heading to southern Missouri/northern Arkansas here fairly soon if I can. The whole area around Beaver Lake and Table Rock Lake is great riding, and Highway 16 from Fayetteville, AK east to Greer's Ferry Lake has to be the best road for a bike ride in the midwest.

faithtalker1

Postby faithtalker1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:43 am

We actually have done the deels gap, but the others look awesome as well. I just began to really check weather and there is a chance of rain for the next 10 days straight :( I really don't want to end up wet for the entire trip this year, especially with no real plans as were to stay or anything. We did a trip a few years back where it rained the whole entire trip and it was miserable. I know you can not always count on perfect weather, but this particular trip it never stopped raining from the time I left until the time I got back period. The thing is these trips are supposed to be a stress reliever for me from running my business the whole rest of the year, it is time I need to use to relax, pretty tense riding through torrential down pours, and sometimes even light rains seem that way on a bike with the rigs blowing water all over you to boot.

maestro319
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Postby maestro319 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:57 pm

There are a couple of very nice Parkways in Kentucky. Lots of rolling hills with some challenging turns. (NOT "twisties" per se, but...cool enough)

faithtalker1

Postby faithtalker1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:47 pm

thrasherg wrote:The rule is, if there's no pictures it didn't happen!! :D Need some pictures of the new machine!! Congrats on getting it..

Gary

I did post a picture under here she is lol GL1500SE was fairly recent Just thought you would like to see it, Since I didn't see a reply on there from ya. :D also under here is a better picture since 1st one was so dark and all.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”