How to Make a Grown Man Cry

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
MJSantos
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I
1983 GL1100 Custom
2002 Shadow
1983 Honda Magna V45

How to Make a Grown Man Cry

Postby MJSantos » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Well I took the Old girl back home to Rhode Island on vacation over Labor Day. When I pulled up my uncle got to see his Goldwing again for the first time since I redid it. All he could do was stare and say that was a lot of work. He finally reached out and touched it after ten minutes. I rolled her down the ramp from the trailer and said I guess you want to hear her run? He just stood there and shook his head, she fired after a quick bump of the start switch. Got her in the driveway and said get your helmet and take her for a ride. He had a big flat NO. Damn you rode it to California and back and you won't break it but still NO. I even offered to take him for a ride, never happened. He was just thrilled to see and hear her. Last time it was a mess and hadn't run in 19 years. The funny part of this story was that night I had to go into the garage and get someting out of the saddle bag, Uncle had gone in the house got a fresh sheet and covered it and was pattting it. That bike was the Love of His Life for years. The worst part of the trip was having to load her up in the rain to come home, he was all upset that it was going to be ruined. Well I got her back down to PA gave her a quick bath then called him to let him know she is all better. The things we do for family and Goldwings.
Attachments

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: How to Make a Grown Man Cry

Postby littlebeaver » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I knew your uncle would be proud....You are correct, I found myself wiping the tears out of my eye's half way thru the story, I have followed your post and alot of what you did to it and it looks fantastic, really nice bike and your wife's white bike is really neat...That was a great story... :D

ka9nyn
Motorcycle: 1995 GL 1500 SE

Re: How to Make a Grown Man Cry

Postby ka9nyn » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:06 pm

There is a special place in Heaven for folks who love their families AND their bikes... +1
Dave & Rose
Chamberlain, SD
1995 Goldwing SE

Return to “Goldwing Chat”