1982 Aspencade paint colours

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
dtennick
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

1982 Aspencade paint colours

Postby dtennick » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Hi,
I have being reading a great lot of information on this site since purchasing a 1982 Aspencade, allways fancied a Goldwing. The question is, I am looking into touching up some scratches on the paint work, which is in really good condition. It is the original silver and gray, what are the actual colors and where can I buy the paint, and what is the best way to replace some of the faded gold decals. This is my first time writing on this site and I commend many of the knowledgable riders for their input to others problems.
Canadian Rider

WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: 1982 Aspencade paint colours

Postby WA9FWT » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:11 pm

dtennick wrote:Hi,
I have being reading a great lot of information on this site since purchasing a 1982 Aspencade, allways fancied a Goldwing. The question is, I am looking into touching up some scratches on the paint work, which is in really good condition. It is the original silver and gray, what are the actual colors and where can I buy the paint, and what is the best way to replace some of the faded gold decals. This is my first time writing on this site and I commend many of the knowledgable riders for their input to others problems.
Canadian Rider

I too would like to know if and when I get around to touching up my 82 A GW, but mine is that Brown
Also would need the pin striping on the Saddle Bags..I'm sure we will get some answers, but we should do a little search our selves. WA9FWT Phil

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:53 pm

You can find the "Paint Codes and Colors" document in the Manuals section here - and that will get you the original manufacturer color code. However, fresh manufacturer paint is not going to match 25-30 year old paint very well. Your best bet is to ride out to a body shop and have them match something up for you. That would be my first step.

dtennick
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Postby dtennick » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:16 pm

Thanks for your reply, I will check with a body paint shop and see what they come up with. I also found the colors and codes, for the Sorrel Brown Metallic it is YR116MU and can be purchased from colorite.com, as for the decals, some of them are still available from bikebandit.com. I have been checking with 3M.com and find that I may be able to use scotchcal pinstriping fairly close to the original if need be.
Canadian Rider

WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:52 pm

dtennick wrote:Thanks for your reply, I will check with a body paint shop and see what they come up with. I also found the colors and codes, for the Sorrel Brown Metallic it is YR116MU and can be purchased from colorite.com, as for the decals, some of them are still available from bikebandit.com. I have been checking with 3M.com and find that I may be able to use scotchcal pinstriping fairly close to the original if need be.
Canadian Rider

Thank you for the information guys!! WA9FWT Phil

Return to “Goldwing Chat”