New Ring of Fire


Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Rnelson1
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:15 pm
Location: Hueytown, AL
Motorcycle: 1996 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

New Ring of Fire

Postby Rnelson1 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:48 pm



Hello everyone, I just installed the amber, blue and red ring of fire lights on my 1996 Goldwing GL1500 and they look so good. I have been wanting to get them installed for some time now and since I got birthday money, I got the chance to do it. I love them. I love adding things to my bike to make it even better looking.
Attachments



User avatar
vtxcandyred
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Oregon, Ohio
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing SE

Re: New Ring of Fire

Postby vtxcandyred » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:16 am

Rnelson1 wrote:Hello everyone, I just installed the amber, blue and red ring of fire lights on my 1996 Goldwing GL1500 and they look so good. I have been wanting to get them installed for some time now and since I got birthday money, I got the chance to do it. I love them. I love adding things to my bike to make it even better looking.

I know the feeling. I replaced the amber ring with the same one you have. It looks SOOOOO much nicer. My wife is ALWAYS talking about me spending money on the wing. I always tell her " well, at least I'm not out drinking or running around with women", which would NOT be good FOR ME!!!!!!!!!

Rnelson1
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:15 pm
Location: Hueytown, AL
Motorcycle: 1996 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Re: New Ring of Fire

Postby Rnelson1 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:14 am

I know what you mean. I have gotten the chrome for lights and got a few more things

Rnelson1
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:15 pm
Location: Hueytown, AL
Motorcycle: 1996 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Re: New Ring of Fire

Postby Rnelson1 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:15 pm

Hit wrong button and sent before I got thru typing. I still have a few more things to buy for my bike. I am slowly getting it done though. My wife is the reason I have one. I have wanted it for a long time and she finally said let's get one and enjoy riding. So we did.

User avatar
coldcanuk
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:03 pm
Location: Camrose, Alberta, Canada
Motorcycle: 1990 GL1500 Aspencade

Re: New Ring of Fire

Postby coldcanuk » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Looks Good.....What color would go with my Burgandy Gold wing? :?:

User avatar
vtxcandyred
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Oregon, Ohio
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing SE

Re: New Ring of Fire

Postby vtxcandyred » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:46 pm

coldcanuk wrote:Looks Good.....What color would go with my Burgandy Gold wing? :?:

If it were me I'd ONLY get the amber, blue, red ring. Thats me though.

User avatar
detdrbuzzard
Posts: 916
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:54 am
Location: 42.23/83.33/636
Motorcycle: '84 aspencade,'93se
'75750.'79750/9k
'79 750f.'85450sc
'06 st1300a

Re: New Ring of Fire

Postby detdrbuzzard » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:22 pm

around here they would make you turn off any color that wasn't amber in front and red in the rear while moving down the road. only amber and red are legal
'99 ST1100, '93 se
'75 cb750k, '79 cb 750f, '79 cb750 superK
cb 450sc, sunL70
'06 st1300a
.... william

User avatar
vtxcandyred
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Oregon, Ohio
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing SE

Re: New Ring of Fire

Postby vtxcandyred » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:25 pm

detdrbuzzard wrote:around here they would make you turn off any color that wasn't amber in front and red in the rear while moving down the road. only amber and red are legal

They're pretty anal about that around here too except the blue is facing the sides only and does not move, only appears to move.

User avatar
riffraff
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 4:13 am
Location: boston,mass
Motorcycle: 1983GL1100 std

Re: New Ring of Fire

Postby riffraff » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Nice touch. Should give ya a little more conspiquity at night, and we all know being seen is key!

User avatar
detdrbuzzard
Posts: 916
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:54 am
Location: 42.23/83.33/636
Motorcycle: '84 aspencade,'93se
'75750.'79750/9k
'79 750f.'85450sc
'06 st1300a

Re: New Ring of Fire

Postby detdrbuzzard » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:02 am

vtxcandyred wrote:
detdrbuzzard wrote:around here they would make you turn off any color that wasn't amber in front and red in the rear while moving down the road. only amber and red are legal

They're pretty anal about that around here too except the blue is facing the sides only and does not move, only appears to move.

even though the blue is on the side the cops would still make you turn them off, they'll say its a marker light and marker lights can only be amber and hat do you do if you travel to another state like michigan or ohio where the cops are more anal about it. don't know if the law has changed but a friend had been pulling a small trailer around michigan, it was so small lights were not required one day he and his wife took it to ohio where they were stopped and ticketed for not having lights on the trailer, just an example


'99 ST1100, '93 se
'75 cb750k, '79 cb 750f, '79 cb750 superK
cb 450sc, sunL70
'06 st1300a
.... william


Return to “Goldwing Chat”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests