Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
ejaugustine

Postby ejaugustine » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi to everyone. I was lucky in the past as a friend of mine had a Goldwing and let me use it quite a bit (probably put 6-8K miles on it one summer). Now, I guess I've been even luckier as another friend has given me a 1980 GL 1100. Its been sitting for several years and I know I've got some work to do on it. I was just wondering if there is anyone on the forums who are from NW FL, near Milton who would be willing and able to help me do some of the work that it needs? It was just down the road from me, but to even get it home, we had to remove the front brake calipers to be able to move it! Windshield is broken, all cables are froze, back brakes don't work... Needs a bit of TLC and I'm not really sure I know how to do it all, on the one I was using before, I was able to remove the back tire to have a new one put on it, which was pretty cheap rental fee for me LOL. And in these days, I can't afford to pay someone to do it all for me either! Thanks for "listening" and sure hope I can find some help!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: New member

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:07 pm

Welcome!

There may or may not be people near to you, but there are certainly people here who can help!

If you look in the "how to" section under the GL1100 forum here, you'll see illustrated how-to information on replacing the windshield, all the cables, and rebuilding all of the brake systems, plus lots of other things that you might need to know while resurrecting your GL1100.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”