Chippewa boots

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2006 Gl1800

Chippewa boots

Postby yechave » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:52 pm

I've used a pair of Danner boots in 13EE from Cabela's for MC riding nearly four years. I had no idea what I was missing until I purchased a pair of chippewa 8" Bay Appache boots (13EE) with the big heels. I have a 29" inseam, use the Walmart comfort cushion with a doughnut air bladder inside of that. I can now flat foot the bike at stops with the Chippewa boots, with the preload at 22. The other benefit is the ease of shifting. I use the BMW LT toe shift extension along with the boots is just enough to let you feel the shift without the pressure of an unstructered boot such as the Danner. Boots were purchased from Zappos with free shipping both ways.

Motorcycle: 1983GL1100 std

Re: Chippewa boots

Postby riffraff » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:33 am

I've got three pairs of Chippewa boots. One pair are over 30 yrs old! They're the knee high snake boots. Only resoled once with Vibram lugged soles. The newest pair are their motorcycle boots . Mid calf in height with velcro closure. Nice boot! they'll probably outlast me. Chippewa's the finest boot maker in the US as far as I'm concrened for the money.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”