Hello From Oregon

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1985 Goldwing Interstate

Hello From Oregon

Postby Paradise97401 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:44 pm

I Just completed my 85 gl1200 interstate..I got this on the first of sept, and went to work on it..it had sat for a while so I did about 10 years of maint on it, here is a list of the things that were done

New tires, new fork seals, rebuilt anti dive sytem, new wheel bearings, seals, new brakes, rebuilt calipers, and masters, new clutch and springs, rebuilt clutch slave, new stator, new timing belts, new water pump, had the radiator tanked and cleaned, replaced the cap, re built the carbs, new cables, new starter, new seals and rubber parts, installed a new JVC stereo and Sat Radio and Kenwood speakers, new seat, trailer hitch, new regulator, new fuel pump, new gas cap, added aluminum stock passenger floor boards, installed a J&M Comm set, new swing arm bearings, replaced the bearings and seals on the final drive, replaced he steering stem bearings and seals, added trunk ligh, saddle bag ligh conversions, replacesd the rear and bag reflectors with lights, changed the fairing reflectors with LED light kit, added a radio antenna and mount, installed a new muffler and clamps with new gaskets, new AGM Battery and selonoid, added a battery gauge, new air filter, added a Randack oil filter conversion so you can use a standard oil filter, new seat and back rest, new grips and levers, re build both handles and added a new horn button ( cast from acrylic)
changed all the rubber brake and clutch lines with stainless hoses, changed out all the bledder vales with speed bleeders and changed all the hydrolic fliuds with new DOT 4 fluid

In two or three seasons the motor will be pulled and rebuilt, I am goign to replace as many parts as I can source, and at thime I will replace most of the electrical relays and sensors..then I hope for the bike to enjoy another 25 years of happy touring.
But the trailer I have I was pulling with my 750, so with the addition of th ebigger bike I have added a rack for a porta shade, and a cpl other things to it..so I am looking forward to spring.

Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Hello From Oregon

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Sounds great! Are you just in time for winter, now however?

Return to “Goldwing Chat”