Polar Bear Ride Today!

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
downstate cruiser
Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500 Aspencade

Polar Bear Ride Today!

Postby downstate cruiser » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:24 am

Our motorcycle club (GWTA) Chapter M is having our annual Polar Bear Run today. On the second Sunday of Jan every year we bundle up jump on our bikes and head out for a ride to one of our favorite eating places. The weather in Southern Illinois is cooperating this year with temps in the hight 40's and sunny. We should have a good turn-out. Now the bad news. I can't go :( Of all the times to catch the winter flu bug, it had to be this weekend. ugh. Maybe next year

Bogator
Motorcycle: 1998 valkyrie

Re: Polar Bear Ride Today!

Postby Bogator » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Sorry to hear that SON, ok heres what I do each mornin------1/4 lemon sqeezed in water---then drink--helps stave off the flu and it has cancer fighting stuff to---good for you---aids in digestion to--us old folks know this STUFF, try it you'll like it, Mikey did, LOL have a good day anyway.
GOD BLESS

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:29 am

Too late now but the best cure for the flu blues would have been to get on the bike and go for a ride.
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

downstate cruiser
Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500 Aspencade

Postby downstate cruiser » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:51 am

Yep, Looking back, I should have taken your advise. Just knowing that my buddies were out there riding and I was not made me feel worse. I'll get over it

Diesel Dan
Motorcycle: Big Bird is an 09 Yellow Air Bag

Postby Diesel Dan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:33 am

While at Ramstein AFB (67-70) our group of bikers went to the Elephant Rally usually held the first weekend of January each year at the Nurburgring Race Circuit.
http://www.lpmcc.net/rallies/rally_ele.htm Scroll down and watch the video. Unlike these gents, our whole trip was done in a snow storm already with a few inches on the road. A long trip. Of our group of around 10 bikes, only one BSA had a homemade side car using a piece of plywood. We carried a bale of hay and one GP medium tent. Only sidecars or bikes with spiked tires were allowed on the race course. Was very interesting sitting on an opensided side car using my Dad's movie camera to film our trip around the track. Lot of HD's from the Northern Europe region, many with flexible tubing attached between the engine and handlebars.

If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. BF

Return to “Goldwing Chat”