0 posters.

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
fysty-1
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 I with LTD body

0 posters.

Postby fysty-1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:25 pm

I was really impressed with the member count (36369) when I found this site again & then just today I was adding members to "my friend" list when I discovered that on the first 15 pages of the members list there are over have that have 0 post. Concidering all the this site has to offer, ie manuals that are no longer available, I think that is deplorable. I have seen many a time on the other forums that I am on some one looking for something onlt to have a member (including me) link them to this site. GS has done a great job in setting this up all by himself & as a check to my Paypal account just shows that I am ashamed that I hadn't once donated anything to Admin for this site. Over the years, I have donated hundreds of dollars to other site but failed to do so here (soon to be corrected). I am not saying that the regular members here don't Donate what I am say is that anyone can come on this site & download anything they want for free without so much as a thank you. It is not my place but I think that if you want to become a member here that you need to post @ leats 10 post to be eligible for the downloads or better yet, I think the site should charge a small fee, 3-5 bucks per download. I bet that if all the no posters were removed from the membership ther would be less than a third the members. What a shame! Oh it is no different on other sites. Just here there is more to gain. End of old rant. :x :x :x :x PS i just realized that there is no donation button. I guess the site must make enough on adds. :? :? :?

Angela (fysty-1) & Dani
85 GL1200I cloned LTD. Blue may not be the fastest color but it is the prettiest! No matter how blue things may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: 0 posters.

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:47 pm

I've never asked for donations, as I've never intended this site to be a money-making proposition. The ads cover the hosting costs for the site, and when ad revenue went up a bit back in 2010, I used the extra money to start buying prizes for the monthly contest. Sometimes ad revenue covers the prizes, sometimes I have to make up the shortfall. But it's usually pretty close. Fortunately as hosting costs rise, ad revenue has risen as well, so it's been fairly consistent.

I just like being able to help people, and I'm proud to have as many people contribute and participate here as there are.

If you feel the need to donate money to the site, I would ask that you redirect your funds toward a true charitable cause that will do good with the funds. The American Cancer Society is my personal favorite, having had far too many people close to me affected by this terrible disease.

fysty-1

Postby fysty-1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:00 pm

WingAdmin wrote:I've never asked for donations, as I've never intended this site to be a money-making proposition. The ads cover the hosting costs for the site, and when ad revenue went up a bit back in 2010, I used the extra money to start buying prizes for the monthly contest. Sometimes ad revenue covers the prizes, sometimes I have to make up the shortfall. But it's usually pretty close. Fortunately as hosting costs rise, ad revenue has risen as well, so it's been fairly consistent.

I just like being able to help people, and I'm proud to have as many people contribute and participate here as there are.

If you feel the need to donate money to the site, I would ask that you redirect your funds toward a true charitable cause that will do good with the funds. The American Cancer Society is my personal favorite, having had far too many people close to me affected by this terrible disease.

My favorite cause as well. It has taken too many of my family & aI am a survivor. I too am proud of you & all the fine folk that contribute here as well even if it is with a joke or two, but just don't like to see anyone particularly as fine as you are get taken advantage of because you supply a service. I guess it is just me. If you felt that way you would have chnge things years ago. AH, don't mind me. I'm just a silly old woman. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Angela (fysty-1) & Dani
85 GL1200I cloned LTD. Blue may not be the fastest color but it is the prettiest! No matter how blue things may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Your not a silly old women...You have lot's to offer and your are a awesome person, I asked WingAdmin. about the donation's some time ago, I see what your saying Fysty-1, guy's sign up to get what they want then boogie on down the road, not even a thank you...Wingadmin. should not have to pay out of his own pocket to make up the difference, we should, it's called helping out the site, Not money making, the information here is priceless, and the folks are great too, especially the Host, So, no your not a silly or old, 100 is old ... :D Wingadmin, maybe you should reconsider this, the funds would be there for any issue that may accure in the future.. :D Or not...She's maybe a little silly.. :lol:

fysty-1

Postby fysty-1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:26 pm

littlebeaver wrote:Your not a silly old women...You have lot's to offer and your are a awesome person, I asked WingAdmin. about the donation's some time ago, I see what your saying Fysty-1, guy's sign up to get what they want then boogie on down the road, not even a thank you...Wingadmin. should not have to pay out of his own pocket to make up the difference, we should, it's called helping out the site, Not money making, the information here is priceless, and the folks are great too, especially the Host, So, no your not a silly or old, 100 is old ... :D Wingadmin, maybe you should reconsider this, the funds would be there for any issue that may accure in the future.. :D Or not...She's maybe a little silly.. :lol:

Look whos being silly. Ya know LB, it is only bout 2500 miles from you to me. You should stop by for a coffee or such some time. Ang the bonus is that I live in a very beautiful RV park to boot.
Attachments
Angela (fysty-1) & Dani

littlebeaver
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:49 pm

will there be Taco's :lol: :lol: I'm there.... :lol: :lol:

fysty-1

Postby fysty-1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Why shoo nuf. No problem. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Angela (fysty-1) & Dani

RoadRogue
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Postby RoadRogue » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:27 am

If your coming north for tacos I will bring the beer, Fysty is only an easy day ride away from me,and Im always up for a day ride or 12 :D :D :D :D :D
Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm going to need to get a passport for that..Canada looks like a fun ride in the future...

RoadRogue

Postby RoadRogue » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:06 am

Any time you want to come north you got a place to stay here, and even a guided tour of some of the best rides on the planet. Ok ,Im a little biased in that point of view, :roll: but only a little. If you think Texas is big wait till you see B.C. :shock:
Ride safe, Todd

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:32 am

RoadRogue wrote:Any time you want to come north you got a place to stay here, and even a guided tour of some of the best rides on the planet. Ok ,Im a little biased in that point of view, :roll: but only a little. If you think Texas is big wait till you see B.C. :shock:

Hawwww, he will have you there Rogue... Texas is actually about one and a half percent larger than B.C. in land and fresh water area. Texas has in the neighborhood of 237 million acres, while B.C. is a paltry 234 million acres (95 million hectares). B.C. does have it all over Texas in coastline and mountains however.

As to all the extra member names with a zero post count, this is quite normal. I am administrator at some other web sites, one of which had over 13,000 members. A lot were bot joinups. I decided to cull the numbers, and we ended up with a membership of just over 4,000 real people. It took me six months to do it, so it is not a job for the faint of heart. Of those 4,000 real people, more than half have 0, 1, or 2 posts to their credit. Sometimes people join a web site because it seems like a good idea at the time, and then they get on with their lives and don't come back, either ever, or for a long time. Occasionally tho, they do come back at a later date and become contributing members.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:15 am

littlebeaver wrote:will there be Taco's :lol: :lol: I'm there.... :lol: :lol:

Tacos? British Colombia? Hmmm? Smoked salmon tacos! Hey, might be pretty good. :lol: ;)
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

detdrbuzzard
Motorcycle: '84 aspencade,'93se
'75750.'79750/9k
'79 750f.'85450sc
'06 st1300a

Postby detdrbuzzard » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:49 pm

themainviking wrote:
RoadRogue wrote:Any time you want to come north you got a place to stay here, and even a guided tour of some of the best rides on the planet. Ok ,Im a little biased in that point of view, :roll: but only a little. If you think Texas is big wait till you see B.C. :shock:

Hawwww, he will have you there Rogue... Texas is actually about one and a half percent larger than B.C. in land and fresh water area. Texas has in the neighborhood of 237 million acres, while B.C. is a paltry 234 million acres (95 million hectares). B.C. does have it all over Texas in coastline and mountains however.

As to all the extra member names with a zero post count, this is quite normal. I am administrator at some other web sites, one of which had over 13,000 members. A lot were bot joinups. I decided to cull the numbers, and we ended up with a membership of just over 4,000 real people. It took me six months to do it, so it is not a job for the faint of heart. Of those 4,000 real people, more than half have 0, 1, or 2 posts to their credit. Sometimes people join a web site because it seems like a good idea at the time, and then they get on with their lives and don't come back, either ever, or for a long time. Occasionally tho, they do come back at a later date and become contributing members.

you could set it up like steve saunders. if you are inactive on his forum for a year you'll get an email notification to participate or the account will be delted is basicly what it says. i got one a few years back cause i forgot i had joined
'99 ST1100, '93 se
'75 cb750k, '79 cb 750f, '79 cb750 superK
cb 450sc, sunL70
'06 st1300a
.... william

fysty-1

Postby fysty-1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:46 pm

dingdong wrote:
littlebeaver wrote:will there be Taco's :lol: :lol: I'm there.... :lol: :lol:

Tacos? British Colombia? Hmmm? Smoked salmon tacos! Hey, might be pretty good. :lol: ;)

Believe it or not, we have a rather large Mexican population here. After allwe are @ the terminus of I-5. How legal they all are is another quetion but we won't go there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Angela (fysty-1) & Dani

fysty-1

Postby fysty-1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:48 pm

detdrbuzzard wrote:
themainviking wrote:

you could set it up like steve saunders. if you are inactive on his forum for a year you'll get an email notification to participate or the account will be delted is basicly what it says. i got one a few years back cause i forgot i had joined

Hey there Buzz. That is something that I didn't know & that is my Home forum. I thought you were a long time member there? I know I have seen you all over. :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Angela (fysty-1) & Dani

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:58 pm

I have to say though, it's pretty neat to be able to see who's been here anyway...I honestly don't see how it would hurt this site if Wingadmin. took small donations or maybe big giant one's too, if these dirty policians can take millions why can't Wingman...Shoot... :evil: :lol: But then again ya gotta honor the man's wish's too..He know's what's best for the site, I just hate hearing money has to come out of his pocket if the funds from the ads don't cover it and you know he's not going to tell us how much, What a guy... I have saved thousands of dollars thanks to this site and other's... :D learned a boat load of stuff too.. :D

RoadRogue

Postby RoadRogue » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:18 pm

I was counting vertical feet in the equation, ya thats it :lol:
Ride safe, Todd

actionpack
Motorcycle: 1985 gl1200a

Postby actionpack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:14 pm

great site and great people here , one of the best and easy site to move around on , great job wingadmin , you keep this site alive

detdrbuzzard
'75750.'79750/9k
'79 750f.'85450sc
'06 st1300a

Postby detdrbuzzard » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:09 am

we are on a few of the same forums fysty-1 and this is one of my favorites
'99 ST1100, '93 se
cb 450sc, sunL70
'06 st1300a
.... william

Mike 545
Motorcycle: Blue 2012 GL1800
1995 GL1500 Goldwing SE

Postby Mike 545 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:26 am

You're a taz judgmental. I learn more from listening, than I do from talking.

actionpack

Postby actionpack » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:09 pm

Mike 545 wrote:You're a taz judgmental. I learn more from listening, than I do from talking.

thats a fact , this site is like the learning channel , 8-)

fysty-1

Postby fysty-1 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:40 pm

detdrbuzzard wrote:we are on a few of the same forums fysty-1 and this is one of my favorites

DB, for as much as I have said that SS forum is my home forum, I have to agree with you on this being my favorite as well. On one (I will not say which) I thought was my fav, if you disagree in any way will the Admin you are shunned. I am so glad that I found this site in my Back-up drive favorites, other wise it may have been lost forever. Mr. Mclean is the greatest! Angela :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Angela (fysty-1) & Dani

actionpack

Postby actionpack » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:25 pm

i lost my connection to goldwingdocs for about 6 months , could'nt log in , wingadmin tryed his best to find out what was happening , then 1 nite it finally dawned on me what i was doing wrong , i would type in my new password and start to typ my login name and then the remember me feature would show my login name so i would click it , instead of typeing my username in , and it would automaticly finish my login , useing my old password , and i would get the error massage , so i went 6 months tryinng to get here again , felt like a big dummy when i discovered what i was doing , thanks again for your effert wingmin to get me signed up , that meant alot , 8-)

fysty-1

Postby fysty-1 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:38 pm

actionpack wrote:i lost my connection to goldwingdocs for about 6 months , could'nt log in , wingadmin tryed his best to find out what was happening , then 1 nite it finally dawned on me what i was doing wrong , i would type in my new password and start to typ my login name and then the remember me feature would show my login name so i would click it , instead of typeing my username in , and it would automaticly finish my login , useing my old password , and i would get the error massage , so i went 6 months tryinng to get here again , felt like a big dummy when i discovered what i was doing , thanks again for your effert wingmin to get me signed up , that meant alot , 8-)

My time loss started with a computer crash but you could always do like I ( and many othes)do. I have an icom on my desktop & I never log out. I just close out the program & when I want browse the site I just click the icon & I am back on. No login. Quick fast & simple. I have been doing it for years. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :D
Angela (fysty-1) & Dani

detdrbuzzard
'75750.'79750/9k
'79 750f.'85450sc
'06 st1300a

Postby detdrbuzzard » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:28 am

fysty-1 wrote:
detdrbuzzard wrote:we are on a few of the same forums fysty-1 and this is one of my favorites

DB, for as much as I have said that SS forum is my home forum, I have to agree with you on this being my favorite as well. On one (I will not say which) I thought was my fav, if you disagree in any way will the Admin you are shunned. I am so glad that I found this site in my Back-up drive favorites, other wise it may have been lost forever. Mr. Mclean is the greatest! Angela :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i found out about disagreeing with him a few years ago

'99 ST1100, '93 se
cb 450sc, sunL70
'06 st1300a
.... william

Return to “Goldwing Chat”