Your motorcycle wants to tell you things...are you willing to listen?
Manufacturers of motorcycles pay great attention to most of the systems on the machines they design.
Engines, fuel systems, cooling, braking, air flow, handling, style, etc. but all too often, one or more of the most critical systems of these machines is minimally designed and then left un-monitored as if it would never fail.
On the Honda Goldwing (and many others), it is the electrical system that is the weak area.
All systems fail eventually, often at the worst of times.
The usual owner reaction to this is to try to build confidence by adding this or that to the machine.
Owners purchase and install what they need and often live without some of the features they would like to have .
This makes sense, but all these devices add a lot of clutter and can cause wiring problems if not installed properly.
As it turns out, on the Honda Goldwing, there are many sensors and switches used to feed information to the various internal systems to make the machine work properly.
Most of that information is not used to assist the rider to have a safer and more pleasant experience.
In response to these shortcomings, we offer the expandable, Plug and Play, multi-purpose, SmartLight system.
You will be amazed how much one LED can do!
SmartLight V2.1 features:
- First and Second Gear Indicator - Never take off in 2nd gear again
- Low System-voltage Warning Indicator - No worries about surprise alternator or electrical system failures
- Ultra-low current Armed System Warning Indicator - Warn bad guys, parked cars and kids that your bike should be left alone
- Fully Plug and Play Installation - Easy to install and everything you need is included
- Only 170 microAmp Current Draw nominal - That's less than 20% of ONE milliamp and it won't run your battery down
- All module data connectors are real Gold Plated - For long term corrosion resistance in harsh conditions
- Electronics Module Completely Sealed - Impervious to water, fuel and many other contaminants
- SmartBus Expansion and Testing Connector - Allows for additional future expansion and connection to other SmartModules
- User Specified Voltage Sensing Options for different needs and wants - Choice of several detection voltages
- Automatic Dimming of L.E.D. at night
- SmartModule can be Upgraded - Future features may be added and some user modifications may be requested
- Support for a wide variety of User Supplied L.E.D. Indicators (comes with one high intensity red LED)
- Unlimited eMail Technical and Installation Support for life of the product
- 2 Full Year Materials and Workmanship warranty
- Engineered to the Highest Quality Parts and Design - 30+ years product design and over 40 years of motorcycle experience
Low cost: Just $49.95 US with free shipping to the lower 48 US states
Other states and countries, US price incl. shipping, Canada $62, AK , PR, HI $70, all others $74, accessories and options extra.
Currently available for the Honda Goldwing GL-1500 (any model and year with one minor functional caveat for the 1988/1989 model years)
Other bike models and years coming soon.
Watch for new and exciting Smart Products to be added early summer 2009.
May, 2009 - by Dean Evans - NorthAmericanGoldwings.com newsletter excerpt -> NAGF SmartLight review (PDF)
Here, Dean provides the first published review of SmartLight and comes up with a great idea for mounting the LED as well. His description of the 2nd gear blink pattern is a little off (but close enough). He also references a short video he made to show the dash postion he chose for mounting and the look of the LED blinking while in the dash. I have provided a link to his demonstration video below showing the "armed mode" when the ignition is off.. Bear in mind the blink is not exactly as shown because his camera can't recover fast enough when the LED goes from on to off so it looks like it is not fast, but it actually is.
"Just as a testimonial to the smartlight....I love mine!! I knew that Rudy would come up with a great product and he did just that!"
"in my humble opinion....and that is all it is....this is a GREAT product at a GREAT price"
"Received my package today Rudy. Well packaged, great instructions, and top notch workmanship, can't wait to install"
See more information and ordering at: http://smartlight.rudysproducts.com