I just bought a really great 86 GL1200i, it runs like a top and is in really great shape considering it's age of nearly 25 years. Wife and I went for a ride yesterday and she is hooked.
The seat has a slight split in the front seam near my crotch. Also the padding (foam) is soft and could use a dense pad replacement.
1. Buy a seat cover and do it myself?
2. Take stock seat to upholsterer and have it fixed?
3. Buy a new or used aftermarket seat.
4. Buy a cover up gel pad?, sheepskin? or something to put on top of splitting bad seat.
I don't want to spend $300 or $400.
Any help or feedback appreciated.
Technical information and Q&A applicable to all years and models of Goldwings
- Sponsored Links
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17046
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
I had a small cut in my GL1100 OEM Honda seat, that I fixed (almost invisibly) with a simple and cheap vinyl repair kit from Wal-Mart. I also didn't want to spend hundreds on a new/recovered seat, and this worked quite well. It's stood up to a year of use so far, and the repair is almost invisible. Your mileage may vary, but it's at least an option you might want to try before doing something more expensive.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest