Technical information and Q&A applicable to all years and models of Goldwings
- Sponsored Links
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:54 pm
- Location: The Falls, Texas
- Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100
I'm assuming you want to use it to clean out any sludge in the engine? If so many people use ATF as an engine flush. Just go easy with the power and limit the time you run the bike with AFT in it.
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:57 am
- Location: Coon Rapids MN
- Motorcycle: 1987 GL1200I 124k
2009 Honda Silverwing 14k -- the wife's scooter
I put a few ounces in a tank of gas occasionally, to help keep things clean. Old time mechanics have bee doing this for decades.
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:43 pm
- Location: Ochlocknee, Ga USA
- Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200A Aspencade, 2002 GL1800-Illusion Red,1981 CB650C
I use ATF in each tankfull and only use SF once a month. Increases MPG w/ATF. Drops off if I don't put it in .
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Brandwatch [Bot] and 2 guests