Funny pictures, stories, whatever - just light entertainment
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1992 Goldwing 1500 SE

What Really Happened at Stonehenge.

Postby Davek80514 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:05 am

Motorcycle: 2007 Gl 1800A

Re: What Really Happened at Stonehenge.

Postby Bouvier1 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:40 pm

I live only thirty miles from Stonehenge and when my sisters family visited from Chicago I took them to see it. It has been stood in the same place for over 5000 years and all my niece could say was 'Gee that's neat'.
Hate to think what she would have said if she had seen it as shown in the photo.

Motorcycle: 2006 Gl1800

Re: What Really Happened at Stonehenge.

Postby yechave » Thu May 31, 2012 8:35 am

This is a close to a Stonehenge as I am going to see:

NE PA's Collumcille Megalithic Park
This is an interesting place to visit, just outside of Bangor, Pa. I have been there a number of times starting around 1992. One of the very first places that showed orbs in the photos taken. The largest stone is 45 tons.

Columcille, Inc. is a nonprofit organization established in 1978 to promote transformation through inner and outer work. It has its origins in Casa Colum (Gaelic for Home of the Dove), a small house opened in 1975 by William Cohea Jr. as a ‘salon by the side of the road’ where ‘tired sinners and reluctant saints’ could drop by and share their experiences and ideas. Cohea had been inspired during a visit to the Isle of Iona to create an open space which welcomed people of all faiths and traditions interested in renewal and transformation.

Columcille draws its inspiration from Iona - a tiny island of four-billion-year-old stone off Scotland’s West Coast. The island has been a source of spiritual guidance and awakening for centuries. Written accounts of Iona as a place of pilgrimage date back to the seventh century and oral histories and legends preserve traditions that stretch back to the earliest times.

The stones of the chapel and bell tower are from the Columcille grounds and were deposited by the Wisconsin Glacier. The large standing stones -- megaliths -- come from a shale pit three miles down the road in the side of the mountain range. They were originally trapped in the layers of shale. Geologists say they were in the mud below the Devonian Sea 400 million years ago. They have many coats and their cores are at least a billion years old.

Return to “Just for Fun”