EVIL LUV BUGS!

Funny pictures, stories, whatever - just light entertainment
  • Sponsored Links
Blackngold
Motorcycle: 1998 GL1500 SE

EVIL LUV BUGS!

Postby Blackngold » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:00 am

So whats this I've read about Lemon Pledge ? Is it for real or just an Urban legend :?: What effect on plastic over wax? The tropical depresions/hurricanes have produced a bumper crop of bugs down here that will destroy a paint job! Evil acid filled luv bugs, reminds me of an Alien movie. Guess the old saying is true-- Some days you are the bug and some days your the windshield. Not pretty either way.
Oh anyone want to chime in on how to deal with that funky smell inside of helmets from dried sweat? I've started spraying mine with Lysol.
Attachments

virgilmobile
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
Previously owned
78 GL1000
81 GL1100
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I

Re: EVIL LUV BUGS!

Postby virgilmobile » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am

Here too.I use Pledge on the whole front of the wing,back side of the mirrors too, after I've waxed it.I clean the bugs off with simple purple power spray cleaner ASAP.
I'm working on a forced air cooling for my half helmet.A 3" computer fan and vents.Just trying to prevent brain stroke from the sweat.

tom84std
Motorcycle: '84 STD 1200
2002 VTX1800
2007 Shadow 750
69 BSA Bitsa
2004 Virago
VW Trike

Postby tom84std » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:41 am

I call them EPOXY bugs. I used to make a regular trip in my car way down south. They swarmed down there and I had to stop on a regular basis in a small town to wash them off or they stick like epoxy and their system contains a chemical that destroys clearcoat.

Blackngold

Postby Blackngold » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Tom84std, was in your area few weeks back, went to the Cowboy stadium to see U. o Mich. attempt to play football. :lol: Good warmup game for Bama. The Lysol spray for helmet is working well, Coat the inside at end of day, let dry over night, smells fine next day. Still washing bugs off bike daily,only need to look at front grill of my car to see outcome of neglect.

Possum51
Motorcycle: 04 Harley-Davidson Road King

Postby Possum51 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Lived and logged many many miles in central florida, you don't see but a handfull that ride without windshields in FL because of the lovebugs, they always sworm just before it rains and you learn to carry spare t-shirt and jeans in saddle bags. Ran through a sworm coming out of a curve once (too late to stop) was so thick I couldn't see past it, trashed my shirt, made sure I stopped soon afterwards to wash them off the bike before they damaged the paint.
Rick.....

vtxcandyred
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing SE

Postby vtxcandyred » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Use a dryer sheet in the helmet. It helps a lot. We ran into a bunch of bugs on our way back from North Carolina that they called "grease bugs". They about destroyed the bike.

Blackngold

Postby Blackngold » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Hmmm dryer sheet will give it a try. THX Gotta wonder with all the pesticides being dumped by modern agriculture today ( got bussed by crop duster last week) why do bug problems seem worse? Saw report on local news tonight West Nile Virus outbreck is worse in nations history. This is hitting home all around where I live. Latest death in Pensacola.

Possum51
Motorcycle: 04 Harley-Davidson Road King

Postby Possum51 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 am

Blackngold wrote:Hmmm dryer sheet will give it a try. THX Gotta wonder with all the pesticides being dumped by modern agriculture today ( got bussed by crop duster last week) why do bug problems seem worse? Saw report on local news tonight West Nile Virus outbreck is worse in nations history. This is hitting home all around where I live. Latest death in Pensacola.

Saw a report on this issue that said its because of the very mild to almost no winter in the southeastern US that didn't kill off the larva like normally it does is why the bugs are so bad this year. My brother has one outside dog and so far this summer he has had to have his house and yard sprayed twice.

Rick.....

Return to “Just for Fun”