Motorcycle: '84 STD 1200
2002 VTX1800
2007 Shadow 750
69 BSA Bitsa
2004 Virago
VW Trike

The joys of parenthood

Postby tom84std » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:52 pm

My daughter is halfway between 30 and 40 years old. The mother of a nearly five year old, I don't think I've ever told told her this story. She posted a bit on my own blog/forum and this was my reply to her. Two 19 year old parents,one of them an enlisted Airman. Having a seemingly dire emergency and asking for help from the only authority I really knew at the time. Long ago.....

"Your mother was cleaning out a kitchen cabnet and there was a bottle of over-the-counter analgesic pain medication that had spilled. Your mother poured them onto the counter while you were toddling about the kitchen. While she was distracted you toddled over, picked up one of the tablets and swallowed it. She and I freaked! We loaded you into the car and drove you to the Air Force base Emergency Room. We were frantic! Told the techs what had happened. Put into a room, the old doctor came in followed by a nurse with a little cup of pink colored liquid. You gratefully gulped it down and wanted more. Two minutes later you puked your guts out including the undisolved tablet. The old doctor gave us a good ass chewing for allowing such a thing to happen, then we were sent home. The joys of parenthood..."

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Re: The joys of parenthood

Postby redial » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:32 pm

One chewing out was well worth it, when you consider the potential for danger that was avoided.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

tom84std
Motorcycle: '84 STD 1200
2002 VTX1800
2007 Shadow 750
69 BSA Bitsa
2004 Virago
VW Trike

Re: The joys of parenthood

Postby tom84std » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:57 am

Redial I can sum it up with only one word 'YES' While that tablet would have probably done no real harm, It did make two young parents much more acutely aware and that they needed to keep a better eye on their baby girl. I'm happy to say that the little girl has survived the failings of her parents and is the thirty four year old mother of my grandson. God bless the little children.

Return to “Just for Fun”