Our families "Black Friday" purchase.

Funny pictures, stories, whatever - just light entertainment
  • Sponsored Links
Davek80514
Motorcycle: 1992 Goldwing 1500 SE

Our families "Black Friday" purchase.

Postby Davek80514 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:39 am

We picked up our two new girls Bianca & Star Friday afternoon.
Bianca is a Collie mix, 40lbs. Star is a lab mix, 80lbs.

Bianca was classified as and in a special needs program for dogs who are extremely frightened and skidish around people and other dogs. We were told she will need a lot special treatment to get her to be comfortable around people & other animals and that it may take months to a year for her to start to come out of her shell.

The girls seem to be getting along GREAT! They woke us up at 2:30 & 4:30 to go out. Which we were expecting since they are at their new home. And less than 24 hours later, here it what was happening this morning in our living room. I think we picked just the right combination of dogs. A little Love can do amazing things.

This is what the signs say.

(First night Home ↑ )

(First night Home ↑ )

The girl's first morning at their new Home.
Click the picture above to see the video.

We think Bianca is going to do really well with Star since Bianca is the one who initiated the playing.

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Our families "Black Friday" purchase.

Postby littlebeaver » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:07 am

You're doggies seem to like their new home very much, we got our Baley from a shelter and she was so happy to get out of that place....
Professor Baley
Professor Baley
Someone didn't have time for her, she has been a geat dog, she tells us when she's hungry and when she needs to go potty, someone trained her well, that in itself was a blessing..She loves long walks and other dogs, and people, she loves people..Thanks for sharing you're doggy's ... :D

Davek80514

Postby Davek80514 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Here are the girls playing this morning.

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Very good....we always seem to adopt or rescue dogs in need. Needless to say we have...
- 11 lb Papillion/Toy Poodle mix
- 15 lb **** mut
- 145 lb English Mastiff

Along with our 2 cats (adopted), African Grey (adopted), we have a lively household. House would not be the same without these lives joining us. Our friends always tell us when they die, they want to come back as adoptables and we rescue, lol.

Sally
Motorcycle: 02 goldwing

Postby Sally » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Nice jobI have two Jacks. your pups look like they will fit right in. Love to see people helping out dogs. Seen some people abuse them would like to kick thier asses. SALLY

Davek80514

Postby Davek80514 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:39 pm

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:43 am

I have been involved with dogs for a long time, and currently have three Basenjis.

One thing to remember is to keep their teeth clean to stop them having bad breath, and expensive trips to the vet for teeth repairs.

It is important to let them have some bones to gnaw on, and the very best bones are Raw Beef Brisket Bones (RBBB). This is the breast bone of the beast (aka sternum), and will crumble up into all food for the dog. You can get your butcher (meat purveyor) to cut them into the size that you want. We get them cut into about 50mm (about 2 inch) cubes, and they get them about three times a week. The big advantage is that there is no waste, and you do not have to go round and pick up the debris after they have finished, and before the ants and flies get to them.

You may have to order them from your local meat supplier, as they dont normally keep them in stock. We pay about $4 for one length (which is about 3 feet long), but it is surprising how quick the dogs can consume them.

The brisket bone will not break their teeth; unlike the thigh bones which are super hard, and sometimes called "marrow bones". Stay away from them. Let me know if you need to know more.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

pudd750
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200 interstate
1980 GN400
1979 CB750
1996 1200 Sportster
1961 T120R sold
1975 Norton sold
1972 Moto Guzzi 750
1976 Goldwing sold
1972 SL125 sold
Honda Fat Cat
RD350 sold

Postby pudd750 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:25 am

i try to tell people at every chance about the overcrowding at the shelters,-(Ingham and Eaton Co. shelters and the local humane society are often over capacity) and try to not buy from stores, stores animals <should> be coming from local shelters but theyre often from puppie mills, which isnt good,
nice dogs - - sheesh i dont even need to visit a shelter- they come to my house- as the latest pair of tomcats did , when they were newborn furballs sitting on my windowsill staring at me on a cold, drizzly, xmas day 2 years ago

mbuesing
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800
Past rides.
1991 Yamaha Venture Royal 1300
1979 Kawasaki SR 650
198? Yamaha 175 Enduro
1976 Kawasaki KZ 400 (my son still rides this bike)
197? Yamaha 90 Enduro
1965 Honda S65 Sport
Minnie bike

Postby mbuesing » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:13 am

A skidish dog is exactly what I was looking for at a shelter. ( I truly believe he frond us ) All the others where doing normal dog things and he just sat looking at us. It was some time to get used to us but is now the best dog ever. Show this kind on dog true love and they will be great for you.
The GL1800 is a crotch rocket on Steroids.

liljack
Motorcycle: 1998 GL1500 SE

Postby liljack » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:28 am

Feels good helping our four legged friends doesn't it? And the payback is great. We rescued a lost lab puppy last week, she actually came knocking on the door one night. Temp was getting down in the 20s that night so I brought her in, we cleaned up a kennel for her for the night figuring someone would be looking for her. Calls to the shelter and vets, add in the paper and online - no response to anything.
She is a very sweet puppy, potty trained and gets along good with our other dog and cat (well, the cat tolerates her)
Looking like she may have found her home, hate to think someone just dropped her off in the neighborhood but with no one looking it seems possible.

KCMike
Motorcycle: "1995 GL1500I Interstate"

Postby KCMike » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Saw a begle bitch run one time and knew I wanted her. She was penny colored all over, lite and dark brown. BUT ... she was very shy and did not "handle." Her owner sorta neglected her after he got her started running rabbits. He said nobody could catch her but him. But I bought her anyway. Don't remember the season exactly cept it was very nice outside. I put her in the back yard on a chain about 15-20 ft. long against a privacy, board boundary fence. I put water at the tie out and at the end of the chain, both. I was kind to her and quiet and spent time talking to her on the chain. I could not keep beagles in the house as I had a kennel full of them. Several times a day I would take her food and offer it enabling her to smell it. But I would not let her have any dog food unless she ate it out of my hand. She went hungry for 4 days, despite my best efforts to get her to eat out of my hand. Finally, tentatively, she would steal some from my hand and go away and eat it. She got a couple mouth fulls and quit. The next day it was much better, and she was much more trusting, and of course pretty damn hungry. She then let me touch her and my (our) problem was solved. But 4 days ...?? Wow!

Return to “Just for Fun”