1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Santa has been sighted!

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Santa was sighted earlier today...
Attachments

thrasherg
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Re: Santa has been sighted!

Postby thrasherg » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:11 pm

That looks like it would be very awkward to get on and off the motorbike!! Very festive, but bloody awkward.. :D

Gary

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Now that was cool :D

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 pm

On his Australia run, he uses six white boomers (aka kangaroos - its the noise they make when they hop on solid earth). It's probably because it is a bit warmer here at this time of the year, and the reindeer (we have no deer except in wildlife parks and some farms, and neither squirrels), would probably suffer from heat exhaustion (says he with the temp at 1130am and the temp is 102F (39.5C)), stay cool/warm and enjoy yourselves.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

vtxcandyred
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing SE

Postby vtxcandyred » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:23 pm

redial wrote:On his Australia run, he uses six white boomers (aka kangaroos - its the noise they make when they hop on solid earth). It's probably because it is a bit warmer here at this time of the year, and the reindeer (we have no deer except in wildlife parks and some farms, and neither squirrels), would probably suffer from heat exhaustion (says he with the temp at 1130am and the temp is 102F (39.5C)), stay cool/warm and enjoy yourselves.

Do you actually have a WINTER there????? You know, cold, snow, blowing. I know it gets H O T ! ! ! !

Sally
Motorcycle: 02 goldwing

Postby Sally » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:40 pm

I just heard Santa's out of coal this year...So all you bad boys will be get Buffalo bill tickets instead.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

vtxcandyred

Postby vtxcandyred » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Sally wrote:I just heard Santa's out of coal this year...So all you bad boys will be get Buffalo bill tickets instead.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could be getting Lions tickets!!!!!

Sally
Motorcycle: 02 goldwing

Postby Sally » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Knowing my luck the Lions will be playing the Bills BAH HUM BUG.....

vtxcandyred

Postby vtxcandyred » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Sally wrote:Knowing my luck the Lions will be playing the Bills BAH HUM BUG.....

They'd BOTH lose!!!!!!! YUP!

Mag

Postby Mag » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:41 pm

I am just happy that my Seahawks are still in the hunt.....go fig with a coach that acts like a 17 year old cheerleader when we kick a fieldgoal (him running down the sideline with his arms in the air, jumping). He definitely enjoys the game, give him credit!

GO HAWKS!

redial

Postby redial » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:57 am

Vtxcandyred wrote
Do you actually have a WINTER there????? You know, cold, snow, blowing. I know it gets H O T ! ! ! !

I have been doing some delving and have come up with these facts and figures:

The most northern part of Australia (Oz) is about 11degrees South, and extends to about 43S.

Key Largo FL is about 25N, and Buffalo NY is about 42N.

In Oz, we go from Byron Bay NewSouthWales (NSW) at 153E, to Shark Bay WesternAustralia (WA) 113E.

So, although we are about the same lattitude from Buffalo compared to southern Tasmania (Tas), (and I know how cold it gets in Buffalo in January), the big difference is that we dont have a land mass attached which is frozen most of the year. What we have is the Southern Ocean, and I have stood on the south coast of SouthAustralia (SA) (the State of), with no land between me and the Antarctic.

Tasmania (the State of), is an island but still considered part of Oz, and that can be cool. The highest part of Oz is around 2 228 metres (about 7 310 feet) above sea level, and is located in NSW in an area known as Snowy Mountains. Most of Tasmania and the mainland have recorded snow from time to time, and in SouthAustralia (where I live - in the middle, down the bottom), we get a recorded snow fall about once every ten years or so. The snow may lay on the ground overnight here, and still be visible the next day :roll: . However, there are several snowfields active in Oz, where the skiing season starts in June, and extends through to October. The two most popular places to engage in winter sports is around the Snowy Mountains (in southern NSW), and Victoria (Vic) (the State of) around Falls Creek. There are other places in those two States, but not as well developed, nor reliable for snow.

I have camped out and it snowed most of the night, and I have camped overnight where the buckets of water had 50cm (about 2inches) of ice on top in the morning. Where I live in Kapunda (about 75km (about 50miles) north of the State capital of Adelaide), we get temperatures between, (for 2012, as recorded in my backyard), -2C in July (2nd month of winter), and 43.9C in December (1st month of Summer) - these translate to about 28F and 112F, respectively.

So there you have it, motorcycling weather most of the year. Oh, and did I mention that our Arizona-like climate, does not get much rain, so we are classed as the driest State in the driest (inhabited) continent (this excludes Antarctica). My wind gauge is protected so the readings are not accurate, but generally the highest winds can reach 120Km/h (about 75MPH) in our place.

Although it is low in precipitation, we do have good beer to make up for it, AND, we live adjacent to one of the premium wine growing areas of Australia, so a trip to the wineries in the car is beneficial, as you can bring the stuff back home. Drink-driving limits are 0.05 (grams of alcohol per 210 litres of breath), which is about two glasses of alcohol for a male, and one for a female, and we have random breath testing carried out. These random tests can test everyone that passes a given point for a period of time, and you can expect them at any time of the day or night. One journey I made of about 800Km, (about 500 miles), I was breath tested four times!

Speeding is another easy offence that is easy to incur, and I have been booked for 4Km/h (about 2.5MPH) over the 100km/h speed limit :oops: . And yes, each State has fixed cameras, and mobile cameras, and every police car is fitted with them as well. The cameras are attached to number plate recognition software, so the first that you know that you were 'clocked' is a letter in the mail to advise you that you are about to make a donation to the State's coffers. On dual highways, the speed limit is usually 110Km/h (about 66MPH), and depending on where you are, it is usually 100Km/h (about 60MPH). Now you know why the GW speedos are always faster than actual speed :!:

Well that is the end of the Australiana lesson, and I hope you paid attention, as questions may be asked :twisted: .
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Mag

Postby Mag » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:21 am

Out of all that, I read...
- Weather could be the same as some of the places in the US
- Australia is known as "Oz"
- You can stand on southern part of Oz and face Antarctica (I knew this, but thought it was neat anyway)
- Oz has good beer
- Oz has wine (I knew this also because I work for an alcohol distributor here in the NW and I have a friend from Oz that works for a company that makes a machine that helps pick grapes in the grape fields)
- Oz has constant breathalizer tests....(bugger taking the helmet on and off 4 times in one ride)

Got it....good, thx for the lesson, I always dig learning other areas and knowing people.

redial

Postby redial » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Out of all that, I read...
- Weather could be the same as some of the places in the US

Except our humidity is a lot less. At this time of the year, Summer, the humidity is currently around 15%. The further North you go, especially along the coast, the humidity increases to around 98% - enough to make your shoes go green, and your clothes to also gather some moss/mildew as well.
Len in Kapunda

shocko
Motorcycle: 1980 gl1100

greetings

Postby shocko » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 pm

HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON
& PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR
THANKS FOR THE PAST & FUTURE FRIENDSHIP AND HELP
BRIAN(shocko)

Return to “Just for Fun”