Fried Chicken

Funny pictures, stories, whatever - just light entertainment
  • Sponsored Links
Rob H
Motorcycle: 2000 1500 SE, XR 650, CBR 600, Harley FB, KLR 650, CBX 750 Cafe Racer, Z1000 Eddie Lawson.

Fried Chicken

Postby Rob H » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:09 am

Our teacher asked what my favourite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken."
She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else laughed. My parents told me to always tell the truth. I did. Fried chicken is my favourite animal. I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of PETA. He said they love animals very much. I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef.
Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office. I told him what happened, and he laughed, too. Then he told me not to do it again.
The next day in class, my teacher asked me what my favourite live animal was. I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, so I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken. She sent me back to the principal's office. He laughed, and told me not to do it again.
I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am. Today, my teacher asked me to tell her what famous person I admired most.
I told her, "Colonel Sanders."

Guess where I am now ...

OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Re: Fried Chicken

Postby OldZX11Rider » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:12 pm

Colonel Harlan Sanders is always welcome at my dinner table. :D
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

Breakdancer
Motorcycle: 1993 gl1500 Aspencade

Postby Breakdancer » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:48 pm

Believe this or not but I actually met the Colonel back in 1961. I was too young to remember but Mom & Dad said he bounced me on his knee. :shock:

Fun fact: The Colonel is from Ky. (my home state), where he started his famous recipe, but the first KFC franchise was in Utah..
Blue Skies...Scott ;
PGR

OldZX11Rider

Postby OldZX11Rider » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:29 pm

Didn't know about the first franchise. It's been a long time ago but I read or heard that he had a number of failures in his life and just before he hit on his Kentucky Fried Chicken, (with 11 herbs and spices :lol: ) his wife divorced him.

Bad timing on her part. :roll:

My wife likes original and I like extra crispy, but I won't pass up the original if that's all there is. :D
And no one else makes cole slaw as good as KFC!
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

millerized
Motorcycle: 99 GL1500SE

Postby millerized » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:32 pm

OldZX11Rider wrote:And no one else makes cole slaw as good as KFC!

I'm not sure what it is about that stuff, but I rate all others as either 'as good' or 'not as good' KFC.
Definitely tops in my book.

OldZX11Rider

Postby OldZX11Rider » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:02 am

We do the same thing. :lol:
Every other franchise needs to take lessons from KFC. Shredded cabbage and turpentine does not make Cole slaw!
:(

Return to “Just for Fun”