I'm a chef, ( bear with me)

Funny pictures, stories, whatever - just light entertainment
  • Sponsored Links
squirrel
Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100c (interstate)

I'm a chef, ( bear with me)

Postby squirrel » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Not being the d.i.y. type of person I was replacing the cement in the patio paving with a trowel and thought what if I used a piping bag to put the cement into the gaps instead.well it works a treat with no overlap .I just wish I was as good working on my wing .;-)

waituntilthebeep
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800
Black and Silver
Previously:
1989 GL1500
Wineberry Red
'01 Shadow 750
DOUBLE DARK SIDE #1467 on Michelin Primacy and BT45

Re: I'm a chef, ( bear with me)

Postby waituntilthebeep » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:34 am

The funny part of that (for me who has done his fair share of grout work AND cake decorating... yes, cake decorating) is that this is actually commonplace in the industry. Any hardware store that sells trowels and tools for concrete and brick sells piping bags made out of canvas for "tuckpointing" which is grout replacement on vertical brick. Works slick and good on ya for coming up with it in the first place. So much cleaner than smearing it in and trying to clean the rest up with a sponge. Now... as long as you used grout instead of butter cream frosting.

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Re: I'm a chef, ( bear with me)

Postby cbx4evr » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:11 pm

The frosting they put on commercially made cakes these days is way stronger than grout. But grout actually tastes better.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Return to “Just for Fun”