Stuck at home, thanks old man winter

Funny pictures, stories, whatever - just light entertainment
  • Sponsored Links
jswag5
Motorcycle: 81 gl1100

Stuck at home, thanks old man winter

Postby jswag5 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:55 am

Stuck at home today because of this lovely snow. So I'm sitting here looking at my last years ride photos and reminiscing about the warm summer months. Just curious what others are doing on this lovely day. :o

others ive owned

78 honda cx500(in pieces)
82 kaw kz1000p(still own)
83 yam maxim midnight(my dads now)
85 yam maxim x
79 kaw kz900

maestro319
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Re: Stuck at home, thanks old man winter

Postby maestro319 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:16 am

Pretty much doing the same thing, but I look for riding videos others have posted. Kinda/sorta llike being there with them, ya know? I checked the drifts already. Very, very deep around the house. It is very quiet around here right now, the wind has stopped and my 4 grandkids are all in bed asleep. They are up here visiting from KY. Daughter's husband is stationed at Ft. Knox and is now off for 3 weeks special training, then off to the sand box!! So, they are with us for awhile. Come on spring!!!

CC_Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500SE

Postby CC_Rider » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:04 pm

I loaded the trike into my trike hauler Dec 28th and arrived here at our winter home in PSL florida new years day. Temperatures are in the upper 70s and low 80s during the day with lots of sunshine.
I ride about every day, then come in and hop in the hot tub for a half hour to relax my old bones.
Hey,,,, you ask, so I am just telling ya how it is. I got up and went to work every day for over 50 yrs, and now I am reaping some of the benefits. I got the bull dozer out of the barn the day before we left ohio and used it to break ICE and remove SNOW from our quarter mile long farm lane, so we could get out and head south with trialer in tow. So hang in there guys,,,, get those working years in so you too, can enjoy the good life.

vtxcandyred
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing SE

Postby vtxcandyred » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:31 pm

I showed up for work @ 2:30 Tuesday afternoon and will be going home in about an hour, @ ten thirty Wednesday night. Thirty two hours. It was also my thirty seventh wedding anniversary. WOOPIE!!!

jswag5
Motorcycle: 81 gl1100

Postby jswag5 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Had the bike out a few days last week but now e have several inches of snow again, so another hibernation, but the bike was runnin good while it lasted

others ive owned

78 honda cx500(in pieces)
82 kaw kz1000p(still own)
83 yam maxim midnight(my dads now)
85 yam maxim x
79 kaw kz900

Return to “Just for Fun”