Screw up Stories

Funny pictures, stories, whatever - just light entertainment
  • Sponsored Links
littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Screw up Stories

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:36 am

I wanted to give everyone a place to explain what the heck happened, and how you screwed something up, or vent a little, I figure one guy's mistake may save someone else from making the same mistake, you might need to give it some thought but it could get pretty funny if you think about it,,Like when I pulled the antena wire out of the faring to my custom made car stereo and removing the stereo and all that because I was removing the rear box and the speakers and antena are mounted on the box only to remember I had a plug in extention half way down the bike and I didn't need to remove anything at all just unplug the stupid wire and unplug the speaker wires :( ... all that work for nothing all I had to do was unplug it..Or Or when I was trying to put the front axle in the wrong direction and couldn't understand what the --ck I was doing wrong.. :( :oops: So have you guy's never screwed up or what???? Man up.. :D :lol:

imfree
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100I

Re: Screw up Stories

Postby imfree » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:16 am

We all have our senior moments,Yesterday I changed my fork oil,I have done this on my Harleys before but never on my wing,So I got the book out,I done what the book said,BIG mistake,I let all the air out removed the hose drained the oil then removed the cap on right side,The springs shot past my head barely missed my left ear hit my overhead shop lights busted two six foot bulbs,The glass went all over me and my bike,The war department heard all the noise,She came out raising hell,Said I scared HER,I went inside after I got all the glass off of me,poured myself four fingers of crown royal on ice went back outside put on some jazz and sat there for a couple of hours.What the book don't tell you is get the wheel off the ground before you remove the caps.THE LIFE YOU SAVE MIGHT BE YOUR OWN.Live and learn,Crown Royal and Jazz All Time Good.Joe

littlebeaver
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 pm

See now that was a really funny post, two thumbs up for that one, I gotta tell on WingAdmin. I still laugh because he let his daughter fall over on his bike at a gas station or somewhere as he watched, that poor little girl, so he's got me beat for sure, but the way he told it was so funny.. again that was really funny, War department,,,Glass..aaahhh haaa..funny stuff man...Thanks.. :lol: So I'm planning on looking into the carbs again, I placed the rack on the table, turned it over, holy smokes, I didn't drain the gas out, ah man .. all over my pants an on the floor, turned back over too quick and knock over my jar of carb cleaner, ah man, all over the floor, what a mess..The wife yells out, what's that smell.. aaah man let the games begin it's on, I'm such a dumbass :D :o

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:36 pm

I wasn't watching her fall over - I was on the bike with her! :) You can read it here: Tipover

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Sorry, wingman that's even better..ha ha thanks for the correction, it's still funny though..I guess I just screwed up, aaaaahhh got yah...I'm in the process of making a timing site cap so you can see your crank as it spins with a timing light, well I measured it and read 24mm on my little ruler, I used my adjustable wrench as a outside caliper [smart] then measured it, ordered a die for 23 bones only to learn it was too small, one mm off, should have got a 25mm..Boy wonder I call myself..23 dollar screw up..Now I gotta get a 25mm and hope they take back the other one..

MJSantos
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I
1983 GL1100 Custom
2002 Shadow
1983 Honda Magna V45

Postby MJSantos » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:58 pm

littlebeaver wrote:Sorry, wingman that's even better..ha ha thanks for the correction, it's still funny though..I guess I just screwed up, aaaaahhh got yah...I'm in the process of making a timing site cap so you can see your crank as it spins with a timing light, well I measured it and read 24mm on my little ruler, I used my adjustable wrench as a outside caliper [smart] then measured it, ordered a die for 23 bones only to learn it was too small, one mm off, should have got a 25mm..Boy wonder I call myself..23 dollar screw up..Now I gotta get a 25mm and hope they take back the other one..

Littlebeaver you can also just buy the site glass for $36.00 from Frenchy at Cresentmoon.
http://www.crescentmooncycles.com/html/ ... tools.html

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:59 pm

Thank you MJ Santo's for the link, I actually have two of the oem type caps.. I got my new die today, works great.. :D

virgilmobile
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
Previously owned
78 GL1000
81 GL1100
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I

Postby virgilmobile » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 pm

I got the bike tuned up great.Trying to show off my mechanical ability to my better half a few weeks later,the *@##!!* would only sputter.While standing there charging the battery,SHE ASKED "Ya think if you turned to the gas it might run?"

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Good one, how many times have we done that/ :D

actionpack
Motorcycle: 1985 gl1200a

Postby actionpack » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:46 pm

pulled into a walmart gas station and fueled up , it was busy , so i decided to roll bike ahead to get out of the way well wife and i got hemets on , well i did it , rolled wing ahead and did'nt give a thought about the kick stand moving just enought to not be a kick stand , let go of bike to suit up and wing just fell over , well i said to wife , that was stupid , some people came over and helped us get the wing back up , felt like a beginner

imfree

Postby imfree » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:06 am

Well at least they helped pick it up ,Most would have been laughing to hard.

actionpack

Postby actionpack » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:40 pm

imfree wrote:Well at least they helped pick it up ,Most would have been laughing to hard.

no damage , so i can laugh about it now , but felt foolish at the time , and the 1 i moved the bike out of the way for did'nt bother to lend a hand , a couple other people came and helped

saltydog
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200 Aspencade

Postby saltydog » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:38 am

A couple of years ago, I put some foot pegs on the KZ1000 I had at the time. I couldn't decide which direction I wanted them to fold. Left them folding straight up. Big mistake! The first stop light I came to, I stopped, my pants leg caught on the new peg and I couldn't put my left foot down. I looked like the guy on the tricycle in "Laugh In".

imfree

Postby imfree » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:08 am

Back in 02 when I got my Road king I went to Michigan to see my son for two days on the way back I tried to be IRON ASS and drove from Flint Mi. to Huntsville Al. only stopping for gas,Well I was so tried when I got to Huntsville My eyes were crossing so I had to stop ,I thought I would stop under a overpass and lay on my sleeping bag for a couple of hours and then come on home to montgomery,well i got to the underpass I stopped ,And you got it no kick stand no feet just like the guy on laughin,That bike laid on its side for over an hour because I was to tired to pick it up,of which I had to explain to the state trooper that came by,He helped me pick it up ,told me to get a room and some sleep.

actionpack

Postby actionpack » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:11 am

saltydog wrote:A couple of years ago, I put some foot pegs on the KZ1000 I had at the time. I couldn't decide which direction I wanted them to fold. Left them folding straight up. Big mistake! The first stop light I came to, I stopped, my pants leg caught on the new peg and I couldn't put my left foot down. I looked like the guy on the tricycle in "Laugh In".

sounds like you turned yourself into a 1 leg balanceing act

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:17 am

See, now I got a big laugh out of your stories, other guy's need to step up, and tell on themselves, it's funny to hear, I am kinda large but can move very quickly still, like a big weasle, anyway you know my ramp thing I made, well I didn't make the ramp long enough and when I rolled the bike off the engine got hung up and my front wheel went into the air and I was stuck, heeelllppp I yelled to the wife as I'm sitting on the bike with my 265lb frame and a stupid look on my face help me wife she laughed at me for a bit and then helped me slide the bike down the small ramp, it helps to remember to put the air back into the shocks too but that was my latest screw up..She still laughs at me for that.. new longer ramp under construction.. :D

actionpack

Postby actionpack » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:31 pm

littlebeaver wrote:See, now I got a big laugh out of your stories, other guy's need to step up, and tell on themselves, it's funny to hear, I am kinda large but can move very quickly still, like a big weasle, anyway you know my ramp thing I made, well I didn't make the ramp long enough and when I rolled the bike off the engine got hung up and my front wheel went into the air and I was stuck, heeelllppp I yelled to the wife as I'm sitting on the bike with my 265lb frame and a stupid look on my face help me wife she laughed at me for a bit and then helped me slide the bike down the small ramp, it helps to remember to put the air back into the shocks too but that was my latest screw up..She still laughs at me for that.. new longer ramp under construction.. :D

them were some good storys of our ,ittle messups in life , i'm sure we all got a book full of them , lets hear some more

terrysaps
Motorcycle: 1999 1500SE

Postby terrysaps » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:35 pm

I well and truly F***ed up with my wife perched on the back and the bike laden with luggage in Toledo, Spain.
This is a very hilly city and the hotel we were going to was on the top of one of them,
Unfortunately the road was up because of road works, but we kept following the SatNav and got within 100 yards of the gate, with no where to go forward and a 45 degree camber.
Dropped it on the left, wife still perched on the back. No damage except to ego.
Eventually walked to hotel, got directions through back streets and were eating grilled pigs ears, paella and salad within the hour at the local tavernas. We didn't actually know they were pigs ears, they just looked nice on the display and the waiter said they were tasty, which they were until we asked what it was made of and he made oinking noises, flapping his ears at the same time.
We left them.
Good trip though from Bilboa to Teba, in Malaga, Andalucia, which must be the best roads in Europe.

actionpack

Postby actionpack » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:58 pm

terrysaps wrote:I well and truly F***ed up with my wife perched on the back and the bike laden with luggage in Toledo, Spain.
This is a very hilly city and the hotel we were going to was on the top of one of them,
Unfortunately the road was up because of road works, but we kept following the SatNav and got within 100 yards of the gate, with no where to go forward and a 45 degree camber.
Dropped it on the left, wife still perched on the back. No damage except to ego.
Eventually walked to hotel, got directions through back streets and were eating grilled pigs ears, paella and salad within the hour at the local tavernas. We didn't actually know they were pigs ears, they just looked nice on the display and the waiter said they were tasty, which they were until we asked what it was made of and he made oinking noises, flapping his ears at the same time.
We left them.
Good trip though from Bilboa to Teba, in Malaga, Andalucia, which must be the best roads in Europe.
that would get the blood pressure up for sure , got a angle like that , suddenly 1 leg is a whole lot short , lol

gogs11uk
Motorcycle: GL1800
CBR600

Postby gogs11uk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:46 am

My f*ckup goes way back to the dark ages when i was 18 and on my first round of biking. i was driving a Kawasaky Z400 twin and used to have a bad habit of pulling up at the house and without putting my feet down onto the ground, would just catch the side stand and put it downand then lean the bike over. all this without touching the ground with my feet. this day i pulled up at the house and was trying to do the same thing but my jeans got caught up on the footrest and I couldn't get my foot onto the ground. As I was already leaning to the side the stand was on it was inevitable that we fell onto the side as one. Thankfully not much damage to me or the bike, just embarrasment.

maestro319
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Postby maestro319 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Picked up my bike from the garage where it was stored for the winter last Thursday. The shop owner brought the bike up front me, leaving it running while I got my gear on. Seemed like it was idling very high at about 1700. But, I didn't think too much of it as it had been tuned up, oil change, blah, blah, blah. On the ride home it seemed a lot noisier than last year. I thought I might have a hole or something in the muffler. Made it home and told my riding buddy about it and he asked if I had checked the choke. Well, no I hadn't. Didn't even think of it. Guess what??.. the choke WAS open all the way. Idle is down now and noise is pretty much back to normal. DUH!! :(
Kinda like the time I tried to start it while showing (showing it OFF actually) it to friends and I just couldn't get it started!! No matter what I did the bike just wouldn't start!! The next day I checked.....ta da.....the kill switch!! You guessed it...it was on!! How it got pushed I don't know. I guess that's DUH number 2 !!! :(

macka
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100I

Postby macka » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:12 am

I was on the second day of my motorcycle training course back in the day. We were learning how to start and stop properly. I came to a stop and forgot it was in gear. I relaxed without even thinking and popped the clutch and flipped the bike.

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:17 pm

My wife is funny, ok, she is in the process of getting a tooth [not the two front but one next to one of the two front] replaced, they made her a temportary tooth[ flipper, partial] that she is to wear until the bone grows back in and they can drill a post in for her new perminent tooth, anyway, She is to be on a new job in San Antonio on the 20th of this month and she took out that flipper because it was hurting her, the funny thing is she just laid it down somewhere and forgot where, She lost it...She looks so much like a true honest to goodness Hillbilly :lol: with that tooth out, and she lost it, we looked everywhere, my two daughters and I were so grossed out that she would leave it laying somewhere and we had to find it, auuh man, :shock: :shock: this sucks, even if it is my wife..there's a tooth laying around somewhere in our house and we all can't find it, and it's gross just thinking about it, I only used 50% of my looking power, She's gotta be in SA in a few days with no tooth now, looking like granny from the hillbillies, oh man. :lol: .So we beat the heck out of her with our words for being so careless and gross, and she about gave up looking, so she went to the laundry to finish what she was doing earlier and there the stupid thing was on the towel she had there, I made her rewash the towel , took her straight to walmart for a case for that thing, thank goodness she found it...We all cheered with delight when she found it :lol: .. Thank the Stars..Man...She looks so goofy without it..She puts on an act for us and we all die laughing at her, she acts all silly and such, priceless..If I find this funny, you guy's would die laughing, she usually waits until I drink a couple of beers to make me laugh really hard at her.. ...I hope she never forgets the stupid thing at home when she goes off to work down there in SA.... :shock: :lol:

HALBUDD
Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200a&1985GL1200A & 1996 gl 1500 aspy. us army 74-77

Postby HALBUDD » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:13 pm

What would have been funny is if you ! found it in one of your tacos, and I know how you like tacos haha. Hal
A woman that can use tools is worth her weight in gold !!

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Good one.... :lol: :lol:

Return to “Just for Fun”