Super mount for camera/cam cord on Amazon

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
yechave
Motorcycle: 2006 Gl1800

Super mount for camera/cam cord on Amazon

Postby yechave » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:53 pm

The "Flexscope" windshield mount ($27) has worked out super on the GL1800, or any other bike for that matter.
The other adapter that comes with the unit is great for holding a cell phone or pretty much anything else that fits in that device. The entire unit is better than you would expect. Don't be fooled by the lack of user reviews on this item.

I got this after buying one with many more reviews, this having only had two. Didn't want to get stuck for shipping if it didn't work out. I looked for weeks after the first mount from Amazon with free shipping was a dud.

I have used this nearly every ride since I got it. It has not fallen off, is rock solid and does a great job taking video using a Sony Bloggie mini cam corder. I mounted my cam corder between the vent and the dash. Excellent product!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E7 ... 02_s00_i00

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Re: Super mount for camera/cam cord on Amazon

Postby dingdong » Tue May 01, 2012 8:36 am

Just curious as to why you went with the suction cup mount instead of the handle bar mount.
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

yechave

Postby yechave » Tue May 01, 2012 9:10 am

A secure mount, behind the screen offers much better streaming video, protects the cam corder, and you are not missing out while the bars may be turned the wrong direction.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Tue May 01, 2012 9:21 am

Behind the windscreen also protects the camera from wind, so instead of recording the sound of blasting wind, you record the sound of the motorcycle engine and environment.

yechave

Postby yechave » Tue May 01, 2012 10:25 am

I play the MP3 for nice background sound. There is darn near no engine noise on the Wing. I can hear everyone elses exhaust, lawn mowers etc., but not much more than a sewing machine kinda sound from the Wing, and you can hear it shift. Very quiet. Its almost as much fun watching the playback on the TV, as it was making the video!

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Wed May 02, 2012 9:18 am

Actually I was concerned more about the suction cup mount than the location. I believe I would use some kind of tether just in case.
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

yechave

Postby yechave » Wed May 02, 2012 9:48 am

It has an interesting ratchet type device on the suction mount. I've not seen one anywhere else like it.

I've only had it a short time, put on about 400 miles over all types of road conditions. It has not indicated it may come off whatsoever. I originally had it tethered to the dash, but the velcro came off from the sun. I then used a small bunjie and attached it to the vent. I will install a different type of dash clip for the tether, when the weather gets nicer.

Nonetheless, if you look at the last pic on the MC accident thread, you can see it mounted to the windshield of the GW.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Wed May 02, 2012 10:22 am

yechave wrote:It has an interesting ratchet type device on the suction mount. I've not seen one anywhere else like it.

I've only had it a short time, put on about 400 miles over all types of road conditions. It has not indicated it may come off whatsoever. I originally had it tethered to the dash, but the velcro came off from the sun. I then used a small bunjie and attached it to the vent. I will install a different type of dash clip for the tether, when the weather gets nicer.

Nonetheless, if you look at the last pic on the MC accident thread, you can see it mounted to the windshield of the GW.

Here's the picture he's talking about:

yechave

Postby yechave » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Update: About 1800+ miles later, the camera fell off this evening. It didn't look right the last couple of trips and I did attempt to straighten it out about half an hour before it came off. The tether worked great. Once it fell, it landed on the GPS sunshade and never moved. I may have to use some teflon on the threads if it comes off again.

I changed the angles, put it back on the mount, and I see no reason it will not go another 2k miles. The suction cup on the flexscope has not moved one bit...over many miles of rough highway.

I like this so much on the bike, it is staying on. I used to use it daily when walking the dogs. The Flexmount is great!

I was going south on 61 towards Reading this evening and was stopped at a red light for less than a second. A totally black car with dark windows passed me on the right, the light had already been red, at about 70+ mph. They darn near T-boned cars coming off I-78, which had the green light. They would not have known what hit them.

Return to “Product Reviews”