Morgan Carbtune

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
SteveB123
Motorcycle: 1982 1100I, 60A Poorboy, MSD coil

Morgan Carbtune

Postby SteveB123 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:53 pm

http://www.carbtune.com/

Ordered the Carbtune and pouch, £64, last Wednesday afternoon, received in the mail Friday noonish, so 7ish business day delivery from Ireland. Came packed in the pouch. Minor assembly, and she's good to go.
Was never happy with the state of sync using my ancient mercury sticks, as they've become contaminated with.....something (gas?) and there's no way to open them to clean them out...not that I'm altogether sure I want to "clean" mercury. Also issues with the mercury seperating in the tubes, creating "bubbles"...enough was enough.

This was as close as I could get it using my buggered mercury sticks:
Initial "before" sync
Initial "before" sync

And this was after 10 minutes or so with the Carbtune:
After sync!
After sync!

Wonderfully pliable hoses, nice glass-filled plastic adapters, decent instruction booklet.

In use:
In use
In use

A heck of a lot easier to hang off the bike too, as it's probably only a third of the length of the sticks.
Went for a short blast around town......oh yeah, MUCH better. :D
Now, does it work better than NEW CarbSticks? No idea, but I like the idea of being able to disasemble and clean should the need every arise.
Any questions, feel free to fire away.

Current:82 GL1100 Interstate, 60 Amp Poorboy, MSD coil
Previous: 93 GSX1100F Katana
82 GL500 Silverwing

thrasherg
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Re: Morgan Carbtune

Postby thrasherg » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:44 pm

I have the exact same set for my wing and other bikes, like you, my mercury ones made the pipes go all funny and I could never get all 4 levels to the same height.. The unit like yours has been used a few times in the last 3 years and still looks like new and works great..

Gary

SidebandSamurai
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Goldwing

Re: Morgan Carbtune

Postby SidebandSamurai » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Oh Yea!

I really want to get one of these for my bike also. First I have to rebuild the carbs. So that tool is on my "Must have List" and it looks like the both of you are extremely happy with it.

Return to “Product Reviews”