Comfort Controls

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2012 level 3 goldwing

Comfort Controls

Postby rufus15 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:45 am

it's been about 1 1/2 months since changing out my standard foot pegs for comfort controls by road smith. I'm 5'6" 29" inseam (no short jokes) and I've taken several road trips with the kury boards and hwy pegs as well.

Just have to say that it was money well spent for all of it. Honda factory pegs have always felt as if my feet were too far back making an hour feel like three on day trips, but these have changed everything pushing my feet forward 3" down 1". How ever there is a down side for those who hit the turns hard with a hefty lean angle. that 1" of drop can cause drag and a few sparks, but I'm not an agressive rider and scraped only once hitting a turn too quickly.

My dad, now in his mid 80's has been riding since the 1940's (had a pic of him on his Indian in 1948) has converted his wing to a trike for obvious reasons climbed aboard my bike and was quite impressed with the feel.

So, that's my thoughts on the new system. Quite pricey, but well built. If price drops I would recommend snatching them up right away, but remember they are custom made, bike specific and like my 2012 wing side panel need some tailoring to fit.

Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: Comfort Controls

Postby Mag » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:49 am

That is the ONE thing I could really bitch about with the legs bend back too far, and I am not totally comfy with my highway boards. This is a great idea, though on ebay I found a set for almost $700. WOW!

Motorcycle: 2009 Silver GL1800AD Gold Wing

Re: Comfort Controls

Postby bigm27 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:48 pm

I had a set installed in the fall and was only able to ride the bike back from the dealer before I had to store it for the winter. I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam so am hoping the 3" and 1" difference will help. I agree they are expensive but if they do what they are supposed to do then they are well worth it!
Four wheels moves the body
Two wheels moves the soul.

Return to “Product Reviews”