Saddlemen Double Bucket seat

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
SteveB123
Motorcycle: 1982 1100I, 60A Poorboy, MSD coil

Saddlemen Double Bucket seat

Postby SteveB123 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:55 am

Installed a Saddlemen H147 Double-Bucket seat last night (no riding impressions yet, hopped adult beverages involved as installation lubricants). :D

Longer than stock, so if adjusted all the way back, it hits the cross bar on the trunk support. It'll get chopped today. Will also have to relocate the trunk rearwards so it will fit. I guess I wasn't expecting there to be this much fussing to get it to fit, but to fit a longer, more spacious seat in the same space obviously will take some minor modifications.

Having said all that, yes, the seat is firm. Twenty minutes on my old stocker, and it felt like I was sitting a concrete block, and rolling forward onto the "boys". The new one feels SO much better.....think German car seat....and taller (yay!) so my legs aren't jammed up under me. Now looking over, rather than through, the windshield.

Bonus: Next day delivery to my local dealer, $253 CDN plus tax. Ebay shows them for ~$220, PLUS 50-60 (or much more!) for shipping to Canada, plus taxes. Sometimes local just works.

Some early Saturday morning pics.

Current:82 GL1100 Interstate, 60 Amp Poorboy, MSD coil
Previous: 93 GSX1100F Katana
82 GL500 Silverwing

SteveB123
Motorcycle: 1982 1100I, 60A Poorboy, MSD coil

Re: Saddlemen Double Bucket seat

Postby SteveB123 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:57 pm

First ride impressions:
First off all, my legs are much happier. Oh my yes...I'm sitting in a chair now, rather than crouched on deteriorated 31 year old foam over concrete block.
Second, yes, a new seat will require some break-in time, and that's ok. It's going to break in to me.
Lastly, the bucket effect. Holy sh*t. Nail the throttle hard, and I don't have grab with my knees, and hold onto the bars to keep in position. The seat bucket thrusts me down the road!

Oh yeah. Road/hindquarters isolation is vastly improved as well. Road ripples, train tracks, etc, no longer bust my as*. :lol:

This is good stuff. Two thumbs up. Serious improvement.
Current:82 GL1100 Interstate, 60 Amp Poorboy, MSD coil
Previous: 93 GSX1100F Katana
82 GL500 Silverwing

Return to “Product Reviews”