Goldwing Fender

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
agoldtrike
Motorcycle: 2012 Honda Goldwing Trike

Goldwing Fender

Postby agoldtrike » Mon May 20, 2013 12:02 pm

Bad issue with a 2012 Honda Goldwing front fender. I have a honda 2012 Goldwing. The rear of front fender is broken,,cracked. Dealer, Niehouse, In Litchfield Illinois installed a extension when purchased new. Dealer says NOT covered by warranty, because of extension,Parts alone $300.00, say I must have hit something. I have NEVER hit anything with bike. I believe it must have been a fatigue crack that got worse with time. Hard to believe a one year old bike would already have that issue.

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Re: Goldwing Fender

Postby cbx4evr » Mon May 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Did you request the extension to be installed??

I tend to agree with your analysis. Not likely that you would have hit something that would crack the fender and not remember. Keep working on them.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Sally
Motorcycle: 02 goldwing

Postby Sally » Sun May 26, 2013 6:34 pm

never seen one broke But I have heard of this problem before. What about e bay then have it painted ? I would paint it my self with color rite I have had good luck doing this. Just a thought I know it's a 12 and not an 02 good luck. but 300 bones is crazy. where did it crack ? was the ext. installed right ?

Ghostman
Motorcycle: gl1800

Postby Ghostman » Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 am

If you think thats bad wait until you pull the caliper covers. Usually youll find broken tabs on them also. Sometimes it breaks from rolling over something and it flexes the fender badly. It can also be caused by hitting a dip or pothole and catching the end of the extension. And depending on the tech person it could also be caused by overtightening of the fasteners when putting everything back together. Good luck getting Brian to work with you,but since they did the work I would keep banging on them.

agoldtrike
Motorcycle: 2012 Honda Goldwing Trike

Postby agoldtrike » Mon May 27, 2013 1:13 pm

I found the caliper covers on both sides are also broken in the on the tab connection, I really think they were not adjusted right by the tech person, but HARD to prove I know. I called Honda tech rep, Told me they should have taken a picture, but I must deal with the dealer. A local dealer said he would replace parts for $189.00, but not under warrenty. Guess I must eat replacement, but never again deal with selling dealer, Niehouse in Litchfield Illinois, will bad mouth all I can

Return to “Product Reviews”