Gold Wing F6B

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
Jim1
Motorcycle: 2013 gold wing F6B trike

Gold Wing F6B

Postby Jim1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:45 pm

This is my 6th gold wing, the other 5 were flat 4. Transitioning to the 1800 was relative easy & uneventfull. This bike handles like a dream. I have recently had cataract surgery and could not handle the wind even with a full face helmet. I installed a F4 Customs wind screen. I can only stand sitting for about 2 hours at one time so I am not the long distance rider I once was. That makes the F6B ideal for general riding. Mine is the red & black. Honda chose to use water based paint and that is the only thing that detracts from an otherwise great bike.

Obtaining the maximum enjoyment from operating a motorcycle is a mind game. Keep the mind on the ride from exiting the friction zone to kick stand down at the end of the ride.

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: Gold Wing F6B

Postby trike lady » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Congrats. The F6B is a nice bike.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

deadendbill
Motorcycle: 2005 HD Road King
2009 Suzuki C50T

Postby deadendbill » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:35 pm

Congrats on the new F6B! Could you explain the water based paint comment please? Knowing nothing about paint, what are the drawbacks of water based and how do you tell if the paint is water based? Any other info you can relate is much appreciated.

Jim1

Postby Jim1 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:38 pm

All vehicle manufactures are switching to water based paint for a couple of reasons. Foremost is the toxicity of urethane paints and environmental considerations. The water based used on the f6b dries very soft and is hard to maintain with paint coming off of rags used in polishing after was is applied. This is true of both colors. Swirl marks appear, a lot of owners are very disappointed with the paint.
Obtaining the maximum enjoyment from operating a motorcycle is a mind game. Keep the mind on the ride from exiting the friction zone to kick stand down at the end of the ride.

deadendbill
Motorcycle: 2005 HD Road King
2009 Suzuki C50T

Postby deadendbill » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks Jim for the quick reply. Is water based used on the 2012 metallic Goldwings also? Just curious as I just put some bucks on a white new old stock ABS 'wing.

Jim1

Postby Jim1 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:18 pm

I am not sure but I think it is. I forgot to mention that no clear coat was used on the F6B. Good luck on your purchase. This is my 6th wing the other 5 were flat 4 engines.

Return to “Product Reviews”