Honda Goldwing motorcycle 7 Volt Regulator for Fuel & Temper

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
djremos
Motorcycle: 1976 Honda GL1000

Honda Goldwing motorcycle 7 Volt Regulator for Fuel & Temper

Postby djremos » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:07 am

Greetings, I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to Goldwingdocs for saving me from paying $1000-$1200 to two separate Honda motorcycle dealers. I took the bike to get looked at and both dealers were quick to say that I needed both thermostats and fuel gauge replaced along with a coolant flush.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=141

I was perusing the website and located an article that spoke about the high temperature and gas tank readings which were the symptoms my GL100 was experiencing. I found a 7 volt regulator that Goldwingdocs manufactures into a simple plug and play format. It took longer for me to remove the bike cover and open the side panel than it did to replace the faulty 7 volt regulator. Voila, the Goldwingdocs new 7 volt regulator works like a charm. The entire transaction was very smooth! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

If you can’t get it going with bungee cords and electrician’s tape, it’s serious!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Honda Goldwing motorcycle 7 Volt Regulator for Fuel & Te

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Thrilled to hear that we were both able to get your bike in working condition, and save you from spending a fortune at a clueless dealer - which wouldn't have fixed the problem!!

rockford75
Motorcycle: 1982 Honda Goldwing 1100 Interstate

Postby rockford75 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Actually I found that the older the Honda Goldwing or whatever you have to be your own mechanic. No dealer will help you least not in my neck of the woods. On my 82 goldwing I have a 18 inch wheel on the front and 16 inch on the rear.So iam down at the Honda shop looking for tires and the guy couldnt believe the difference in wheel size. He thought I was trying to soup up the bike. I said look son back in 82 that style of wheel came with all Goldwings. It was for better fuel economy. Least thats what I read. You mention any bike older then about 10yrs old the boys down at the dealer are lost! Best to learn yourself and fix your own bike and talk to the fellas here on this forum. Besides let me ask you? Would you wanna trust your life to a dealer with mechanics that weren't even born yet when your bike was in production? Or save some money and do it yourself and learn something and actually save your life cause YOU KNOW YOULL DO IT RIGHT!
A BIKE IS LIKE A AIRPLANE Maintenance Maintenance!

coldcanuk
Motorcycle: 1990 GL1500 Aspencade

Postby coldcanuk » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:54 pm

rockford75 wrote:You mention any bike older then about 10yrs old the boys down at the dealer are lost! Best to learn yourself and fix your own bike and talk to the fellas here on this forum.

This is so true......my local dealer knows nothing on older bikes. I used this sites "How-To" articles to repair my bike, it has been a real money and learning experience. This site is the best!

eklimek
Motorcycle: 81 GL1100 (Widowmaker not in service), 83GL1100, CB350f x 6, CB400f x2, CB550f sold, CL350 (seized engine), plus enough donors to take me through retirement.

Postby eklimek » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:04 am

Thanks for sending the 7v regulator. The OEM regulator was intermittent during failure exactly as others have noted.

All the best to the group of regulars on the site. You are all very helpful.

Return to “Product Reviews”