Master Formula Metal Gloss and Sealer Gloss / Polish

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800

Master Formula Metal Gloss and Sealer Gloss / Polish

Postby brenniac » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 pm

I picked up an aluminum, chrome, brass, stainless steel polish at the Cleveland bike show that I'm just dying to try out. First, let me say that i am not a chrome polisher. In fact, I have added very little chrome to my bike simply because I don't want to spend time wiping it off. Mine gets washed about once a week and the wheels get washed, but not have never been polished. I feel that the hours spent polishing could be better spent wearing out my tires and seat. Consequently, my wheels have built up a lot of tarnish over the last 100,000 miles.

This product (Master Formula Metal Gloss and Sealer Gloss) looks like the answer to keep the wheels looking good with minimal effort. There are two products. The Metal Gloss cleans and shines while the Sealer Gloss seals the metal. It is a bit cold out for me to try it out on the bike, but I did bring in an old screwdriver and a piece of metal (possibly brass) to give it a try.

I applied a few drops onto a clean cloth and went to work on the screwdriver shaft. It cleaned up nicely after a few seconds of light rubbing. I had to pay a bit more attention to the tip, but I was satisfied that the effort was well rewarded. The metal plate cleansing was more impressive. I ran a bead of strokes down the middle of one side and just gave it a few back and forth strokes. Within seconds the cloth was black and a glow started showing in the middle of the metal. A few more strokes and I was able to see my reflection.

I am going to attach a couple pictures and hope they help explain how well this stuff works.

'06 Gold

Return to “Product Reviews”