Nolan MCS II Headset for N104

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
brownlensman
Motorcycle: 2014 GL1800 abs

Nolan MCS II Headset for N104

Postby brownlensman » Wed May 28, 2014 11:26 am

Having owned several J&M products I decided to try the Nolan MCS II for my new Nolan N104 helmet.

1) Installation is easier than any J&M product I've previously installed.
2) Sound quality is comparable to that of the J&M "P" or performance series.
3) Durability is much lower than J&M products. Explanation: The MCS II uses micro-usb connectors to interface between the helmet and the "lower" cable that connects to the bike. I found this to be much less rugged than either the "P" or "Z" series connectors J&M uses. Within a couple of weeks I had to replace the lower cable.

Recommendation:
If you get one of these, use the DIN connector to make or break your connection between the helmet and the bike. It should last longer for you than using the micro-usb connector.

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Re: Nolan MCS II Headset for N104

Postby cbx4evr » Wed May 28, 2014 3:36 pm

I haven't had any problems with my Nolan MCS system once I got over the initial problem of the phono plug to helmet connection. Nolan gave me the USB replacements under warranty. So far so good.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Return to “Product Reviews”