Black and Silver
Previously:
1989 GL1500
Wineberry Red
'01 Shadow 750
DOUBLE DARK SIDE #1467 on Michelin Primacy and BT45

Big Boy Aluminum Folding Motorcycle Ramp - 10' Long

Postby waituntilthebeep » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:14 pm

I decided to book a ride from Washington to Idaho so I could go on a cruise with some rider friends there. Figured I'd ride the bike but the wife wants to go too and she is NOT a rider. Thought about renting a trailer but sheesk...at that price for a week, I could "buy a ramp!" And the search was on!. I finally settled on Discountramps.com and purchased the "Big Boy Aluminum Folding Motorcycle Ramp - 10' Long". I give it a thumbs up. Paid just over $400 when all was said and done but they were easy to work with and the ramp is great. Held my 800# wing and my 300# butt without an issue. I use it with my 94 Ford F250 4x4 and had zero issue with the setup. The ramp could use a little better lip on the truck end of the ramp but it did not slip or cause an issue. Highly suggest it. If you want to see why buying a single wide ramp is a bad idea, search Youtube for motorcycle load fails. That is some hilarious stuff right there!. This ramp won't get you posted on the net, so go for it.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Big Boy Aluminum Folding Motorcycle Ramp - 10' Long

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:00 am

Interesting - it definitely looks like a heavy-duty piece of equipment. How heavy is it to get up to the tailgate? I would also worry that the tailgate itself could handle the load - perhaps you might want to remove the tailgate and load directly into the truck bed?

I found some pictures online from the Amazon listing for the product:

Big Boy Ramp
Big Boy Ramp

Big Boy Ramp Folded
Big Boy Ramp Folded

Big Boy Ramp Separated
Big Boy Ramp Separated

waituntilthebeep
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800
Black and Silver
Previously:
1989 GL1500
Wineberry Red
'01 Shadow 750
DOUBLE DARK SIDE #1467 on Michelin Primacy and BT45

Re: Big Boy Aluminum Folding Motorcycle Ramp - 10' Long

Postby waituntilthebeep » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:25 am

It is actually the Big Boy "1" not the "2" that is pictured. The ramp I have is a 3 piece system.I did some quick research knowing the actual manufacturer (tags on the side of the ramp) and it is a Rage Powersport ramp that was actually $70 cheaper on their site. Drat. Oh well, it is still worth the money.
http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle_ramps/p/MF-12038
not sure how to link in a pic from their site so I put in the link to it. It is lightweight and super easy to mount. I do suggest removing the tailgate and rolling it directly on the truck if you are doing a wing sized bike but my tailgate held it just fine. You put each of the 3 pieces up on the bed and slide a rod through the pockets on it locking the whole ramp together, strap it to yur bumper so it doesn't slide off and giver ;er heck. Really, it is a cinch to use.

Return to “Product Reviews”