• Sponsored Links
Mh434
Motorcycle: 1997 gl1500 SE
Previous:
1981 GL1100I
1989 Kawasaki Concours

Kudos to Wingstuff/Cycle Giant!

Postby Mh434 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:25 pm

A while back I purchased J&M headsets etc. from WingStuff for our two new helmets. All went as planned, but I ran into an issue with one of the lower ("P") cords. It had an issue with crackling and cutting out on the right side. Eventually (by the process of elimination) I discovered that there was a short in the strain relief at the bike end of the P cord.

Okay, just need a new one, right? The problem was that, if I return the old one, so I could get a warranty replacement, the postage to send it back would be equal to (or exceed..I'm shipping from Canada!) the cost of the new cord. Hmmm - what to do?

Enter Mark Angiel, at WingStuff!

He understands my issue, and is sending a replacement cord on warranty, without my having to return the old one in exchange.

Now THAT, folks, is good old-fashioned service!!

Many thanks to Mark & WingStuff!! I continue to be happy with their service, and will continue to order my 'Wing goodies, parts, and farkles from them.

Mh434
Motorcycle: 1997 gl1500 SE
Previous:
1981 GL1100I
1989 Kawasaki Concours

Re: Kudos to Wingstuff/Cycle Giant!

Postby Mh434 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Further to that - not only did they send out a replacement, without requiring return of the old one, but they sent it FedEx...and it arrived here, at my house, in only 2 days!!! As I'm in Canada, I'm used to waiting anywhere from 2 weeks to a month for stuff to arrive, so this was phenomenal!! As we're going on a Blue Knights trip in a couple of weeks, I was worried about the cord getting here in time - no worries after all, we're all set!

Thanks again WingStuff!!

johngrim
Motorcycle: 96 GL1500SE
84 GL1200I (sold)
79 Suzuki GS550E (sold)

Re: Kudos to Wingstuff/Cycle Giant!

Postby johngrim » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:41 am

I too, like WingStuff. I either get Mark or Rodney. Both are excellent with customer service.

I've bought from them in the past, very satisfied and have been in dire need of a new windshield. After asking for comments on this forum I decided on an F4 Custom +2, clear with an installed vent for my '96 SE. WingAdmin just seems to know things, thank you! It showed up this Tuesday, I had time this Wednesday to install it and went to work. The old one was a Tulsa, extra flipping tall (6" taller yet than a +2!!) , tinted, very scratched and well disliked. As I started to install it I knew right away it wasn't correct. It's for an 1800 and they just don't fit 1500's.

A quick call to WingStuff and speaking to Rodney took care of a new one headed my way. He called back after talking to F4 and getting things straightened out with a return label coming with the correct windshield. Everything was handled quickly. I reinstalled the old one, it's better than nothing.

Return to “Product Reviews”