1992 GL1500I (sold)
1986 GL1200A (sold)
2002 HD FXDL Low Rider (sold)
1993 Yamaha Virago XV1000 (sold)
Too many others to list

Another kudos to J&M

Postby NVSB4 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:04 am

I am now a HUGE fan of J&M.
Not only are their products some of the best, but their customer service is outstanding.
I bought 2 pair of their headsets through Sierra (great price & service) to go with 2 new helmets. The helmets that I got were not the greatest, but what the budget and SWMBO would allow at the time. I've installed headsets before, but there was no way I could do these.
Sierra suggested that I talk with J&M, so I emailed their customer service and John (the "J" in J&M) replied.
We talked back and forth and I sent the helmets to them to install an integrated set instead of the clamp-on that I had bought.
I got a call the day they received them advising that it was a helmet that they had never done before, had special issues, and that they would have to figure out a way to do it.
I was ready to tell them to forget it and send them back and I would just sell them, suck it up and buy something different, but decided to let them have their chance. So glad that I did.
They remained in contact, saying that they were still working on it, would make sure that it was not only the best possible solution for the integrity of the helmet, but also the sound. They called saying that they were shipping them and I got them two days later.
I had initially stuck the speakers in the helmet when I got them to try and the sound was great. Now installed correctly, they sound even better. Music is sharp and full range and the mic is clear even in highway traffic.
John & crew, keep putting out the quality products and great service, you have earned a customer for life.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Red=All bikes Blue=Wings

Chris

harvey01
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Re: Another kudos to J&M

Postby harvey01 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:59 am

I have been using J&M products since 1988 because they do the job. They are not the cheapest, but they have withstood rain, hail, freezing cold and heat over thousands of miles. I normally replace the headsets when I replace the helmet which is about 5-7 years.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

Return to “Product Reviews”