SKNZ 1/2 cover

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

SKNZ 1/2 cover

Postby Uncle Fester » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:41 am

I was looking for a new 1/2 cover for my 'Wing as I am not happy with my Ultra Guard 1/2 cover I currently have. The Ultra Guard is not a tight as I would like when on the bike, allowing water to pool up on it when ever it rains, and the securing straps are not holding up well after just one year of use.
During my search I came across SKNZ Bike covers ( http://www.skn-it.com ) and after talking with Terry ( tjbisbee1@me.com or his number is 757-567-6600 ) I decided to order their 1/2 cover. I got it in the mail 2 business days after I ordered it, all packed up very nicely. The cover came in a nice stuff sack style bag made of the same material as the cover.

I like the way this cover mounts nice and tight when on the bike and the fact it comes down to the fender tip instead of just under the nose like the Ultra Guard. The cover is designed to be put on with the antennas folded over, but it does fit with the antennas up too, which is how I use it. I am very happy with this cover so far, but I do not know how well it repeals water yet, but if the weather man is right, I will by the end of the day !

So far I am very happy with this cover and I do recommend it to anyone looking for a cover for their bike.

I JUST TALKED TO TERRY AND HIS WIFE, THEY SAY DO NOT ORDER FROM THE WEB SITE,
BUT TO CONTACT THEM VIA THE CONTACT INFO I LISTED INSTEAD

Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

FM-USA
Motorcycle: .
'91 GL1500-I (Dbl-Darkside)
Acquired:__51K_Jun_??/2007
MADE_IT!_200K_Oct_17/2016
iRide 24/365 99% SmileMiles
================
"You don't buy yourself a
HD to be SATISFIED,...
you buy it to keep your
HD friends PACIFIED."
================
|
ANTAGONISTS need not post.
|
==================

Re: SKNZ 1/2 cover

Postby FM-USA » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Looks good.
Any chance they make it in crystal clear? That way you can ride in the rain.
"OIL CHANGE?" _FM 07-2009
Know its new taste and be loyal, you'll know when to change that oil.
Taste testing as the miles flow, souring as that acid grows.
And don't flirt with dirt or darkened oil, all the faster your engine will spoil.

Uncle Fester

Postby Uncle Fester » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:24 pm

Okay, sorry no pictures, but we did get rain here today, and I am happy to say that the rain beaded up like it would on a well waxed car. It just beaded up and rolled right off the cover and the bike stayed dry
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

Sidcar
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500/6 with Watsonian Oxford sidecar

Postby Sidcar » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:05 am

Does it fit well with the front wheel in the steering locked position?

Sid

Uncle Fester

Postby Uncle Fester » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:51 am

Sidcar wrote:Does it fit well with the front wheel in the steering locked position?
Sid

Actually, never checked, LOL I will check it tomorrow and let you know, and will post a pic or two of it also so you can decide for yourself. :D

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:02 am

Uncle Fester,
Did you manage a photo or two after some percipitation?
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Uncle Fester

Postby Uncle Fester » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:33 pm

Shoot, have not been using a cove due to nice weather, but actually do have it on today, will get a shot in about 15 min

Uncle Fester

Postby Uncle Fester » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Sorry, took a bit longer because I forgot my password to Photobucket, but I got them now, so here goes....

Heavy elastic tie down loops, instead of this elastic with metal hooks like others use

On the side stand, front wheel turned left , no fitment issues

antenna down (I normally keep them up)

So, I hope these help , ask away if you have more questions or want a certain pic

Sidcar
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500/6 with Watsonian Oxford sidecar

Postby Sidcar » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:41 pm

Unfortunately I bought a new red Ultraguard half cover just before this post started, if I'd known there was an alternative I wouldn't have. The colour is badly faded already, it get puddles of water form on it and if the elastic straps are the same quality as before they will soon stretch.
I'll be interested to see how yours lasts.

Sid

Uncle Fester

Postby Uncle Fester » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:10 pm

I have used my cover daily since I got it, and it still looks and works as well as the day I got it. . . . . loving it so far.

Return to “Product Reviews”