Perfect Ride Handguards: P-Review

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
WheezyRider
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800, the sole one to go literally Round-The-World!
Before that a 2001 GL1800 and a 1998 GL1500 Aspencade

Re: Perfect Ride Handguards: P-Review

Post by WheezyRider » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Fellow Wingnuts, I apologise for not answering these postings very often. I see most questions are being answered by HandGuard owners, thanks!

IF THERE IS EVER ANY QUESTION,
ANY ISSUE WHATSOEVER ...
PLEASE EMAIL ME AND IT WILL BE SOLVED IMMEDIATELY.

The HandGuards are 100% warrantied forever to original purchaser,
unconditionally warrantied -- including (heaven forbid) dropping or crashing your bike.
All you have to do is let me know personally.

Returns ditto. Just return them in like-new condition in original packaging.
Amazon does returns of course.
So do we on our home website of ThePerfectRide.bike

If you are wondering about any fitment issues, my knowledge database is expanding rapidly from customer feedback.

The best way to contact me is through the "contact' tab on our website www.ThePerfectRide.bike
or Peter@ThePerfectRide.bike

We have many customers through Scott's excellent GoldwingDocs.com which is a phenomenal service he provides the community.
Anything I can ever do to help either Scott's readers or HandGuard customers ... it just takes one email.

Only RTW rider on GL1800
Inventor/manufacturer of HandGuards™

WheezyRider
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800, the sole one to go literally Round-The-World!
Before that a 2001 GL1800 and a 1998 GL1500 Aspencade

Re: Perfect Ride Handguards: P-Review

Post by WheezyRider » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 pm

john.amato1 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:27 am
These look great. I had seen them on Wingstuff and Cyclemax. The only issue that I see with all hand guards is that when one wants to make a sharp turn they tend to limit how far you can turn the handle bars. These hit the windshield. I had tried the other kind and had the same problem. Is there anyone out there with a solution? I have a 1994 Honda Goldwing GL 1500 SE.
Nice design though.
Maltese Falcon
Hi Maltese Falcon and anyone else concerned about hitting the mirrors -- I designed and tested them on GL1500 and GL1800 various configurations. So far I am unaware of any mirror conflicts even at hard-over locked position. If anyone has a case where it happens please email me with a photo -- I am not just extremely interested but they also come with a 100% no-nonsense lifetime warranty. If they're not "perfect" as the name implies, send them back to me personally for a refund.

I don't check the chat rooms too often so please email me through our website with any complaints or concerns. I personally stand behind the product being exactly as advertised on the website and "perfect" for you.

The only case where I can recall the HandGuards hitting something in hard-over locked position was an aftermarket windshield on a GL1500. I installed the HandGuards personally and they fit but the windshield was a tad too wide. It didn't affect actual riding, just locking the steering. The answer we came up with was (a) "Live with it" and/or (b) remove the one side's end bolt i.e. the knurled thumb screw which allows the entire HandGuard to rotate backwards and thus out of the way of the windshield. This potential inconvenience will only affect those who have an extra-wide windshield.

Hope this helps some of you considering trying them out ... but here's the bottom line: When its cold and/or raining, you'll be awfully glad you have them! cheers -Peter
Only RTW rider on GL1800
Inventor/manufacturer of HandGuards™