Greater Comfort Using Kuryakyn ERGO Boards & Pegs.

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
wmerryall
Motorcycle: 2001 GL1800, Illusions Red, matching 2001 Bushtec Quantum GL
1985 GL1200LTD

Greater Comfort Using Kuryakyn ERGO Boards & Pegs.

Post by wmerryall » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:48 pm

A new product is being offered that is a blessing to those of us with long legs. Highway Comfort Arms are only two inches long and move the pegs/boards out further to eliminate the problem with legs pressing against the sides of the fairings. The manufacturer sent a pair of prototypes for me to examine. It snowed last night and is less than thirty degrees outside, my garage is unheated, not a day for a ride. Despite the conditions I decided to install one arm just to compare it to the 4" straight arms currently installed on our ride. These samples are approximately 1/4" longer than the ones he hopes to offer for sale. I installed the arm at the same angle from the mount and the floorboard at the same angle as it was so it is a direct comparison to what was. All I can say is I wish they were on the bike years ago! I took photos of my hairy legs, 34" inseam, to show how the old and new positions compare. The right leg is touching the edge of the fairing and usually the Wind Wing as well, the left leg clears both. Note: We have a dual custom seat, the rider's position is moved back from the factory setup. Hopefully we will soon have a new vendor of quality aftermarket products to spend our "safety chrome" $$$ on! (There are 17 days remaining, if you want these use the following link and advance order a set. If enough orders aren't place they will not be built)! For anyone who is interested in owning these allow me to explain how this works. Nearly $20,000 in orders are needed to justify the cost of tooling. http://highwaycomfortarms.com/order.html Using this link you can place an order, but, if not enough orders are placed in the allotted time the deal will expire and no one who placed an order will be charged.

The photos can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BillMotoPhoto/

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Re: Greater Comfort Using Kuryakyn ERGO Boards & Pegs.

Post by themainviking » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:00 pm

It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

wmerryall
Motorcycle: 2001 GL1800, Illusions Red, matching 2001 Bushtec Quantum GL
1985 GL1200LTD

Post by wmerryall » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Yes they do, and the chrome will probably come off of those just as quickly as everything else they make. Also, I prefer the looks of the new ones better.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Post by themainviking » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:26 am

None of the chrome has ever peeled on any of my Kuryakyn add ons. I have had some Kury stuff on my other bike for more than 25 years and it has not peeled, but I have heard of it happening. As some of their stuff is plastichrome, I could understand it, but the metal stuff should never peel. I have an acquaintance who was at WingDing and showed his peeling Kury stuff to a rep, and they replaced every bit of it for no cost. I did not see this, I was only told this, so grain of salt, right - :lol:

I do wish you luck with your friend's funding program as the parts do have a nice look to them. Just keep in mind that if they do not get 426 orders total, and do not do the manufacture run, Kuryakyn has some that will work in the application you needed.

It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey