Mid West Meet & Greet ES14, Aug 31 - Sep 3rd, 2018

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
AZgl1800
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800 still young at 111,980 miles

Mid West Meet & Greet ES14, Aug 31 - Sep 3rd, 2018

Post by AZgl1800 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Hey Folks!

Motel 62 has new owners now, and they did not keep the computer system, so all of our reservations for ES14 have been lost to the winds.

Eureka Springs Goldwing Rally

Motel 62 has new owners, and the old reservations have not been retained.
Motel 62 ( 479 ) 253-5600

Fri 8/31 thru Mon Sept 3rd, 2018
:
This info just verified by Lopeha "Andy Williams"

John
'02 Gl1800 Hot Rod Yellow,
daughter named her Big Bird :lol:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com

AZgl1800

Re: Mid West Meet & Greet ES14, Aug 31 - Sep 3rd, 2018

Post by AZgl1800 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:16 pm

I received a PM asking for more info on this event because of a total lack of info from this website.

the reason is, it is hosted from the Steve Saunders forum by Lopeha ( Andy Williams ) but it has always been attended by members of:
www.GoldwingFacts.com
www.GoldwingDocs.com
www.NorthAmericanGoldwings.com

and a lot of folks who only use Facebook anymore now...
This year, Andy and I tried to put out the info in as many places as we can so that folks will be aware of the event. It is an unfortunate truth, that forum community involvement is on the wane....

Facebook has ruined Forums.... because of the Smart Phone, and instant access to FB.

The ES Events are a hoot to attend, you just have to witness the "Rhino Initiation" to appreciate what it is all about. This event, 14 years ago, started out as a bunch of guys in Kansas who somewhere along the line, decided to call themselves "Rhinos".... and the "Membership" to being a Rhino Member became an "Initiation" that grew bigger and bigger each year.... Somewhere along the way, the leaders of the Rhinos took on different jobs, moved away, or lost interest..... and the event almost fell apart....

but, Andy Williams 'Lopeha' and a couple of other guys decided that because it was so well attended by folks from Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri and even farther out, like guys from Canada, eh??

It just could not be left to fall apart...... Somewhere during that time, I met Andy and joined up with the group.... I flew from Arizona to his house, bought a ST-1100 and Andy helped me get it running... because at the time, I lived in Mesa, Arizona and helping Andy, which was by telephone only.... Later I Moved to Oologah, Oklahoma and Andy and I now try to put it together each year. well, sort of,
, more him, than me, I am the cook and bottle washer. I try to make sure the flies stay off the hamburgers after they are cooked!! :lol:

You will find last year's event listed at the top of this page:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/3-events/

and if you scroll through older pages, you will see it again and again....

ES14 means "Eureka Springs" 14th year we have had this rally in the town of Eureka Springs, AR.

We have been at Motel 62 since at least 2005, previously we were at another hotel up the road easterly which was bought out by a jackass and he made us mad and we never went back to his motel. He actually has a better site for us, "sort of"... because it was directly across from the campgrounds... a lot of give and take, I like Motel 62 much better because of the configuration of the hotel and the paved parking lot...

I say "at least" because it might have been the 2nd year at Motel 62, because in 2005 we hosted NASSIR and some scurlywags from Ireland and the UK actually came of and attended.

Pete Tice, Steve Saunders, "Wexy" Ciaran Meyer, Steve's son "Dillian", and a few more whom I can't recall right now... a truck hit me in 2008 and ruined my memory cells.

I will try to put up some pictures from last year....
John

AZgl1800

Re: Mid West Meet & Greet ES14, Aug 31 - Sep 3rd, 2018

Post by AZgl1800 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Here I have uploaded all of the pertinent pictures that I could find.

Most of these are from last year, but the best ones are from 2005 NASSIR5 ( I think )

I added names to the ones that I could remember their names right now, but that Penske truck killed a lot of memory cells back in 2008.....

You can use the mouse wheel to scroll down, click on a pix to make it Full Screen, and the mouse wheel stays active all the time... it will scroll down even full page, until the next pix comes up...

IF, you are Full Screen and it won't scroll, that is the last pix on that page, click the pix and it goes back to normal size, and a Blue Bar shows up "Load Next Page" or more images, I fergit...

Enjoy https://imgur.com/a/ipxNo

.Rex Cameron has the best selection of pictures anywhere...
John