January ride in OHIO

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
bwagner6
Motorcycle: 1986 Gl1200A Aspencade

January ride in OHIO

Postby bwagner6 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:05 am

I live on what we call the "Northcoast" A few miles from the south shore of Lake Erie. So yesterday the weather creaped up into the lower sixties and I saw a few bikes here and there out for joy rides. Personally I didn't wake my ole girl up from her nap because in a couple days it will be in the 20's again... I would be afraid of all the salt that remains on the roads up here because if you don't get that stuff washed off REAL good you will have a rust bucket on your hands in no time! COME ON SPRING! :D

rono24
Motorcycle: 1992 gl1500SE

Re: January ride in OHIO

Postby rono24 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:35 am

I know the feeling,I wanted to ride but the roads were damp and the salt will stick to the bike and hard to get off. Riding days will be here soon.

rooferx
Motorcycle: 95 aspy

Postby rooferx » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:04 pm

My Daughter lives in ashtabula,I was up there last weekend the roads wer pretty ugly,was looking at the cars and seeing all the RUST damage lots of it.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Just to remind you, I live a bit further south of the lakes, and we always have nice weather for riding GW. There is no salt on our roads, but sometimes you do get some salt spray from the waves breaking on the wonderful sandy beaches. The seawater temperature this morning on the beach at Surfers Paradise was 26C (about 80F) - warm enough to thoroughly enjoy the water after a quick ride to get there Keep on shoveling your snow, salt, and cold lovers :D
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

wally
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Postby wally » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 pm

redial I thought you might be sympathizing with us poor souls up here in the cold north not rubbing salt in our wounds. Please can you send some of that warm air up here, that global warming thing isn't working so good. :lol:

vtxcandyred
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing SE

Postby vtxcandyred » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:12 pm

I too live on the south shore. In fact my street dead ends into Maumee Bay. Put a hundred miles on. I have a garage and wipe it down regularly. Had a blast!!!!

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”