GWRRA Region J Rally - Aug 2 - 4, 2013 Westlock, Alberta, Ca


Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links

GWRRA Region J Rally - Aug 2 - 4, 2013

I'm Going!! :-)
1
13%
I'm Thinking About Going. :|
1
13%
I'm Not Going. :-(
4
50%
Where's Canada? :?:
2
25%
 
Total votes: 8

User avatar
cbx4evr
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:35 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(
Contact:

GWRRA Region J Rally - Aug 2 - 4, 2013 Westlock, Alberta, Ca

Postby cbx4evr » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:34 am



GWRRA Region J – Chapter AB-B will be hosting the "World's Biggest" Convention/Rally, Aug 2 - 4, 2013 in Westlock, Alberta, Canada.

Online registration is now available here: http://www.karelo.com/enter_res.php?&BID=506

More info available on our Facebook (no Facebook Registration required) page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gold-Wing ... 640?ref=hl

Love to see you come and visit us. We'll show you a good time.


"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

User avatar
Mag
Posts: 1298
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:58 am
Location: Silverlake, WA
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: GWRRA Region J Rally - Aug 2 - 4, 2013 Westlock, Alberta

Postby Mag » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:15 am

Where's Canada.... lol

User avatar
themainviking
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: GWRRA Region J Rally - Aug 2 - 4, 2013 Westlock, Alberta

Postby themainviking » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Mag wrote:Where's Canada.... lol


It's that "REALLY BIG" piece of land (about 4,000,000 square miles) to your North...where everyone lives in Igloos and it is snowcovered all the time. We go to the market by dog sled, BUT, we make the very best Hockey Players here.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

User avatar
Mag
Posts: 1298
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:58 am
Location: Silverlake, WA
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: GWRRA Region J Rally - Aug 2 - 4, 2013 Westlock, Alberta

Postby Mag » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:59 pm

themainviking wrote:
Mag wrote:Where's Canada.... lol


It's that "REALLY BIG" piece of land (about 4,000,000 square miles) to your North...where everyone lives in Igloos and it is snowcovered all the time. We go to the market by dog sled, BUT, we make the very best Hockey Players here.


Believe me, I am definitely a hockey fan, unfortunately the closest team I have is either Avalanche (never much of a fan of them), Canucks (they do not show enough of them on the tele), and Sharks (from the bay area, and they are playing well this year, but also does not show enough on the tele). So, I get mostly the east coast games because, thx to NBC Sports or NHL Channel, they are more favored in that direction.

Oh, and since I live in the NW, we hug trees, save owls, smoke a lotta weed and don't shave. I know I have a couple of flannnels around here somewhere, lol.

User avatar
BigDee
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:24 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon
Motorcycle: Former Rides:
1962 Honda CB90
1974 Yamaha 500 Basket case
1971 Honda 450
Current Ride:
1981 GL1100i Interstate

Re: GWRRA Region J Rally - Aug 2 - 4, 2013 Westlock, Alberta

Postby BigDee » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:55 am

Oh, and since I live in the NW, we hug trees, save owls, and don't shave. I know I have a couple of flannnels around here somewhere, lol.


Hey! I represent that remark!
He who throws dirt loses ground!

User avatar
cbx4evr
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:35 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(
Contact:

Re: GWRRA Region J Rally - Aug 2 - 4, 2013 Westlock, Alberta

Postby cbx4evr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:01 am

Mag wrote:Believe me, I am definitely a hockey fan, unfortunately the closest team I have is either Avalanche (never much of a fan of them), Canucks (they do not show enough of them on the tele), and Sharks (from the bay area, and they are playing well this year, but also does not show enough on the tele). So, I get mostly the east coast games because, thx to NBC Sports or NHL Channel, they are more favored in that direction.



You should subscribe to the NHL Network. I believe you can then pick the team you want to watch. I'm not much of a fan so don't know the details but I see it on my TV listings.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

User avatar
Mag
Posts: 1298
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:58 am
Location: Silverlake, WA
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: GWRRA Region J Rally - Aug 2 - 4, 2013 Westlock, Alberta

Postby Mag » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 am

BD - you need to post more, I see only a couple NW peeps on here posting. I would dig a ride in the Rogue Valley, I pass there going to CA to visit the parents. It is a nice area down there.

CB - yes, I can get the NHL package but my wife has always commented since I was layed off 3 weeks ago "Hockey on every night? It has been constant sports sin ceyou have been home".....so I think I am wearing out my welcome ;)

This just gives me more time out in the garage to pick up, clean up, and finish the bike for the riding season.

User avatar
BigDee
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:24 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon
Motorcycle: Former Rides:
1962 Honda CB90
1974 Yamaha 500 Basket case
1971 Honda 450
Current Ride:
1981 GL1100i Interstate

Re: GWRRA Region J Rally - Aug 2 - 4, 2013 Westlock, Alberta

Postby BigDee » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Mag wrote:BD - you need to post more, I see only a couple NW peeps on here posting. I would dig a ride in the Rogue Valley, I pass there going to CA to visit the parents. It is a nice area down there.

CB - yes, I can get the NHL package but my wife has always commented since I was layed off 3 weeks ago "Hockey on every night? It has been constant sports sin ceyou have been home".....so I think I am wearing out my welcome ;)

This just gives me more time out in the garage to pick up, clean up, and finish the bike for the riding season.


I'm working the kinks out of the bike. Just increased my mileage from 25 to over 30 mpg. I'm also working the bugs out of getting the xyl to climb on board. She promised to ride when I got the bike running , then she backpedalled and said not until the weather gets up to 70. Now she's saying it has to be 80. Don't know what it's going to take for her to learn to enjoy picking bugs out of her teeth!

Come on by Ashland next time you're down this way. Maybe I'll ride with you toward Sacramento or somewhere that way.... And I've been to Silverlake, but that was before I graduated from my cage to fresh air!
He who throws dirt loses ground!

User avatar
Mag
Posts: 1298
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:58 am
Location: Silverlake, WA
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: GWRRA Region J Rally - Aug 2 - 4, 2013 Westlock, Alberta

Postby Mag » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:44 pm

I may be doing a trip in May, depends. Right now I am gainfully unemployed (of course not by my choice but welcome to lay offs), so if I am not working by then, and the pass is acceptable, I just may be flying by ;)




Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests