Looking for senic routes in souther Ohio

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
russ71
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 A Aspencade

Looking for senic routes in souther Ohio

Postby russ71 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:58 pm

I will be done with a 1982 GL100 project bike I have been working on for nearly a year. My fiance and I are very anxious to get out on the road and enjoy the views. I still have a few more tweaks to do on the bike before we go any real distance so we want to stay close to home. Southern Ohio or Northern Kentucky. Any ideas? I hear Hocking Hills is a good place. Any other ideas out there?

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Looking for senic routes in souther Ohio

Postby WingAdmin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:28 pm

russ71 wrote:I will be done with a 1982 GL100 project bike I have been working on for nearly a year. My fiance and I are very anxious to get out on the road and enjoy the views. I still have a few more tweaks to do on the bike before we go any real distance so we want to stay close to home. Southern Ohio or Northern Kentucky. Any ideas? I hear Hocking Hills is a good place. Any other ideas out there?

It's pretty tough NOT to find a scenic route in southern Ohio! Plus wonderful, twisty, hilly roads. Hocking Hills is excellent. We took our 1100 there on our honeymoon, and stayed one of the many cabins that you can rent in the area. We did it again a couple of years ago, this time on two separate bikes (as she got her license in the meantime). 83 north out of Coshocton is one of the most scenic, amazing roads in the state, and you can take many diversions off of it through rural Amish country.

russ71
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 A Aspencade

Postby russ71 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:38 pm

THANKS!!! Thats exactly what we are looking for. My fiance loves the Amish county and stores. I will be looking it up and planning a trip as soon as the weather breaks and I get the GL1100 put back together. Thanks again!

GreenDragon
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800 GoldWing

Postby GreenDragon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Anywhere in southern Ohio from Hocking Hills south is great as long as you stay away from the big cities. Though Portsmouth has a great tourist site, a special wall, along the river. If you are going to be in Hocking Hills and want to spend the night, The Inn at Cedar Falls is a great place, rooms, cabins and gourmet style food.

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”