Vacation Time

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
crock4
Motorcycle: 2001 Goldwing
2007 VT 750 shadow Aero Sold
2001 harley softail deuce Sold
2003 harley road king sold
2010 Honda Stateline

Vacation Time

Postby crock4 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Just completed a 1100 mile trip from Florida to Middlefield, Ohio. We trailered the bike up because I'm too old, and beat up for that marathon riding anymore. I would have to disable the rear intercom mike, and get a bike trailer for all the extra stuff that we always take, but dont need. Funny it was in the 90's when I left Fl., and about the same in Ohio. Just a lot less humidity which makes it a little more comfortable. Got to do some really great riding. One really unusual thing, at least to me is the number of deer. They are all over the place, :shock: even saw some going into downtown Cleveland in the middle of the day no less. Between them, and the horse apples from all the Amish buggies around Middlefield you have got to stay alert.
Anyway I missed reading the forum, and needed to get in on this months contest. So consider this my entry. Two birds with one stone, and all that stuff. :P

Passion keeps your blood flowing and your heart beating. Motorcycles are my passion !

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Vacation Time

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:29 pm

crock4 wrote:Just completed a 1100 mile trip from Florida to Middlefield, Ohio. We trailered the bike up because I'm too old, and beat up for that marathon riding anymore. I would have to disable the rear intercom mike, and get a bike trailer for all the extra stuff that we always take, but dont need. Funny it was in the 90's when I left Fl., and about the same in Ohio. Just a lot less humidity which makes it a little more comfortable. Got to do some really great riding. One really unusual thing, at least to me is the number of deer. They are all over the place, :shock: even saw some going into downtown Cleveland in the middle of the day no less. Between them, and the horse apples from all the Amish buggies around Middlefield you have got to stay alert.
Anyway I missed reading the forum, and needed to get in on this months contest. So consider this my entry. Two birds with one stone, and all that stuff. :P

Yup, and especially at dusk, the deer are EVERYWHERE up here - I really don't like to ride at dusk around here for exactly that reason. You really need to light up the road and keep your eyes peeled.

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”