Went for a great ride today, 15 hours to Mt St. Helens

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
oldmopars
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Interstate

Went for a great ride today, 15 hours to Mt St. Helens

Postby oldmopars » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Well, I just got back from my long ride. I meet up with a great group of riders through Meet-up online. There were 3 Harleys, 1 BMW a new Victory and my $300 GL1100I. Needless to say, they had more money in Do-Dads and leather than I had in my whole bike, but it was fine, they did not hold it against me. :D
I started in Yelm Wa. rode to Tacoma to meet another rider, then up north to Redmond to meet the rest. We rode out east around the back side of Mt. St. Helens and up to the observatory at Windy Ridge. We then came back out and dropped down farther south through Couger, White Pass, Packwood and Randle over to I-5 then off again to Toledo, Mossy Rock, Morton, Elbe, Eatonville and then for me back through McKenna to Yelm. This took us 15 Hours and was just less than 500 miles.
It was a fantastic trip. The views were spectacular and the other riders were fun to be with. My old Goldwing took a beating on some of the very bad roads but performed flawlessly. Well, I need to rest both my butt and my brain.
Good times
Scott

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: Went for a great ride today, 15 hours to Mt St. Helens

Postby Mag » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:03 am

Glad you enjoyed the mountain! I live on the west side (Castle Rock, then east 10 miles)....the weather here has been fantastic the last several days....cloudy in the a.m., then the cloud burn off and blue sky. I was golfing this a.m. so enjoyed walking in the weather instead of riding in it.

That is a great ride, and good mileage. I will have to do that too! So many bikes out this weekend, nice to see!

organgrinder
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200i Interstate

Re: Went for a great ride today, 15 hours to Mt St. Helens

Postby organgrinder » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:45 am

My wife and I nearly made that ride yesterday. However, she has been fighting a cold all week and was pretty tired. Just got my old school GPS hooked up (helmet intercoms so she can tell me where to go...), new tires (Michelin Commander II) and brakes. Going with the boss and three other employees and friends this coming weekend. Side roads to Walla Walla, then to Lewiston up the twisties. Home sometime Sunday.

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”