Reflections on the trip home

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
tom84std
Motorcycle: '84 STD 1200
2002 VTX1800
2007 Shadow 750
69 BSA Bitsa
2004 Virago
VW Trike

Reflections on the trip home

Postby tom84std » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:20 am

Not anything flashy. Has no hype nor near religious fanatical following. Not to ever be featured on Hollywood movies or TV shows. No drink coasters and no toilet paper emblazoned with it's logo.
Isn't a macho status symbol and alas we'll never see bikini clad supermodels posing around it.
But it's thirty years old and it's superbly and painstakingly engineered and assembled. Built to perform a task and do it well for years without major repair or rebuild. Made to be reliable without intense maintenance or adjustment. It ain't sexy but it does what it was built to do and it does it with a reliability near impossible to match without a much greater expense. With an attachment that must be similar to what a cowboy felt for his favorite horse I rode my old bike home for a total of 2000 miles perfectly trouble free the other day. Rolled it into it's parking spot, put down the stand and turned the key. Tired and with a sore butt... 'nuther good trip old gal.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Re: Reflections on the trip home

Postby redial » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Like a horse, feed it well, groom it well, and it will look after you well.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Don't forget to pat it on it's bottom.
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:34 am

I think that's part of the fun, the unknown.. Who's going to screw with me on this trip? Am I going to break down.?. Will I get chased down by some badass Harley dudes, 10 to 1..? Will I have to hurt someone defending myself ? Oh man, I really I really enjoy riding into the unknown across the US... You never know if any of these things will happen,,,or if you break down or get a flat tire..In the dark in the middle of nowheresville..Keep a flashlight on hand for sure,,a few knifes and perhaps even a sidearm or three.. You never know.. I usually just spit at them if they want to fight or rob me :shock: ...Or I'll have a fit of some sort and roll on the ground like I'm having a seizure :shock: they usually leave me alone..What's really funny is when I stop the shaken stuff to look up to see what they are doing, then I go back at it...Can't wait for the next ride.... :lol: Glad you had a wonderful trip there Tom in Texas...

littlebeaver
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:32 pm

What in the World? I have a keypad don't use a pen much anymore...Hey Tom, you need a pen?

WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:57 pm

littlebeaver wrote:I think that's part of the fun, the unknown.. Who's going to screw with me on this trip? Am I going to break down.?. Will I get chased down by some badass Harley dudes, 10 to 1..? Will I have to hurt someone defending myself ? Oh man, I really I really enjoy riding into the unknown across the US... You never know if any of these things will happen,,,or if you break down or get a flat tire..In the dark in the middle of nowheresville..Keep a flashlight on hand for sure,,a few knifes and perhaps even a sidearm or three.. You never know.. I usually just spit at them if they want to fight or rob me :shock: ...Or I'll have a fit of some sort and roll on the ground like I'm having a seizure :shock: they usually leave me alone..What's really funny is when I stop the shaken stuff to look up to see what they are doing, then I go back at it...Can't wait for the next ride.... :lol: Glad you had a wonderful trip there Tom in Texas...

All that stuff works at home with the beaver Guys, and he pulls that a lot in front of his wife. :lol:
The dog barks and joins in at times too I have learned. Run into him one day , and you will know it's Beaver for sure... :lol: :lol:

WA9FWT Phil

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 pm

good to see you're still around to kid with me Phil...Glad your health is better,,hey I met this guy here in Mississippi and he and I agreed on something,,we talked about the different web sites, the different Goldwing sites,,,But here's the thing we both agreed on, this was the easiest to navigate and comprehend and the best.. He couldn't believe that I was Littlebeaver..ha ha What the Heck,, No really he kinda freaked out when I told him it was me..ha ha [Nothing special] but I can help where I can I explained,,He wants to put a conversion on his bike too, if he has questions I think I can help...He has a parts bike and invited me over anytime if I needed a part..Wow...He has a Gorgeous 83...Just gorgeous.. Small World..Oh I thought I wouldn't like it here, I was so wrong, I love it here,,people are so friendly...Roads are sweet too..Drivers are calm, No more big City hurry hurry BS...My BP has dropped a lot..I don't feel like killing anyone driving around town anymore.. I love that... I love my old town of San Antonio but they gotta have the worst drivers there in the World...

redial

Postby redial » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:40 am

Hey LB, have you got a twin that still lives in SA TX? I thought you had moved to somewhere else, but your avatar shows your twin brother in SA. Good to see that the blood pressure has reduced and your settling in to the new neighbourhood. Keep smiling.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

WA9FWT
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:11 am

redial wrote:Hey LB, have you got a twin that still lives in SA TX? I thought you had moved to somewhere else, but your avatar shows your twin brother in SA. Good to see that the blood pressure has reduced and your settling in to the new neighbourhood. Keep smiling.

You mean to tell me there are two Little Beavers running around out there ?
Can this really happen ? :lol:

WA9FWT Phil

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:18 pm

Ok, I will make a change...I forgot all about it...thanks fella's :D

redial

Postby redial » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Ahhhh, that's better. Now we know we are talking to the good looking one! :lol:
Len in Kapunda

WA9FWT
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:24 pm

littlebeaver wrote:Ok, I will make a change...I forgot all about it...thanks fella's :D

Boy ,,,,Here all the while I thought Beavers build homes, and they know where there home's are.
How this one for got is sure strange :lol: :lol: Something like that.

But glad to hear you like your new home Little Beaver, and that the people like you too.
73 WA9FWT PHIL

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”