Travel to Aguanish Quebec

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
purplerhody
Motorcycle: 2003 1800 Goldwing

Travel to Aguanish Quebec

Postby purplerhody » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Has anyone taken the road between Baie-Comeau and Aguanish on the north side of the St Lawrence River just above the Gaspe pennisula. Curious if it is an interesting road worth the ferry trip to get to it.

Bigbiker0
Motorcycle: 1997 gl 1500 se

Re: Travel to Aguanish Quebec

Postby Bigbiker0 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:51 pm

I did ride unto Natashquan using road 138.The road is nice all the way,Pass Baie-Comeau the relief is quite flat and the forest tend to be shorter.All along there are little village and people are very friendly .To cross to Gaspé you must return to Godbout to get the ferry.Best time for that trip is end of june to mid sept.
Drive safely Heaven do not exist.

Paulcf
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800 Massively Heavy Luxury Touring

Postby Paulcf » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:30 pm

Not sure where Aguanish, Quebec is, I could not find it on Google maps...
If you mean the North Shore, good road but it ends past Sept Iles (Seven Islands) at Kegaska.
You can ride up via Newfoundland to St. Anthony (northern tip) and just south of St. Anthony is St. Barbe, where there is a ferry across the strait to Blanc Sablon, Quebec. From there you can take the Trans Labrador Highway back to Baie Comeau, on the North Shore of Quebec (St. Lawrence River) on highway 138. I have some good weblinks for the TransLabrador Highway if you need them.
MOBILIS IN MOBILI

Bigbiker0
Motorcycle: 1997 gl 1500 se

Postby Bigbiker0 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Paulcf wrote:Not sure where Aguanish, Quebec is, I could not find it on Google maps...
If you mean the North Shore, good road but it ends past Sept Iles (Seven Islands) at Kegaska.
You can ride up via Newfoundland to St. Anthony (northern tip) and just south of St. Anthony is St. Barbe, where there is a ferry across the strait to Blanc Sablon, Quebec. From there you can take the Trans Labrador Highway back to Baie Comeau, on the North Shore of Quebec (St. Lawrence River) on highway 138. I have some good weblinks for the TransLabrador Highway if you need them.

I am not sure you know the area pretty well!

Drive safely Heaven do not exist.

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”