N. California S. Oregon trip planning

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

N. California S. Oregon trip planning

Postby dingdong » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:37 am

My brother and I will be riding to Oregon and Northern California the middle 2 weeks of June. Looking for must see and do locations. We will be riding with our wives so we need routes and places to visit to keep them happy. I haven't seen the Redwood forests or Yosemite so they are planned. Plus riding some of the coast line on Hwy 1. We will be making a base for at least 5 nights and riding day trips from there. I have heard it is still pretty cool on the coast in June so where might be a good central location for a base? Motels while there no camping. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Re: N. California S. Oregon trip planning

Postby cbx4evr » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:34 pm

We've done a similar thing staying in Newport, OR one year and then Florence, OR another.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:39 pm

Thank you for the input. I think that is a little too far north for a base camp for day trips into northern California. We will more than likely ride through both places though. All is still in the planning stages. Perhaps 2 days in Oregon and 3 or 4 days in California. Just don't know for sure yet.

Tom
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Willbewatching
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Postby Willbewatching » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Hey folks, I'm Will over in the Redding area.. I'm a life long Oregonian, just recently retired and transplaneted here to Nor-Cal.
You might look at Brookings.. a cute lil town just N. of the Oregon border.. and Cresent city is just south in Ca. another cute lil town very near the Redwoods. Eureka is where I'd base out of.. south of the Redwoods. Larger and open highways in any direction. Great moutian riding from the coast to Redding.
By the way.. The Redwoods Run Rally ( a mini sturgis) is being held June 13-15 at Peircy Ca. which is a bit further south.. if that fits your schedule. My neighbor has done that rally several times.. but he rides a Harley and fits.. lol
Here in Redding is of course Shasta Lake, with great houseboating and water play.. tons of things to see..Burney falls not too far away and Mt. Lassen volcano park I haven't even gotten to all of them yet..lol
Drop me a note when you get over this way.. I always have ice tea brewing during the summer.. lol
Will

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”