Tunnel of Trees

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I Interstate

Tunnel of Trees

Postby moneypit » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:31 am

So here we are in northern lower peninsula on our fall color tour and it has been raining since we left home . We left Moneypit home in the garage and we are in the car. Last night we did the Tunnel of trees it is awesome the colors are about 75 %.A lot of DEER and a lot of Turkeys along the way . We stopped at a restaurant called Leggs in Cross Village all I can say is WOW its amazing in the middle of NO WHERE here is a place that serves excellent food and has a killer bar over looking Lake Michigan the inside of the place is off the hook all hand crafted bar made out of a single pine log furniture made out of logs and roots all hand crafted totally cool . The menu is Polish its a must for anybody traveling the Tunnel of trees. Its the next morning and still raining but were off to cross the mighty Mac and west across the U P to the Big Spring then up to some water falls in the Munising area then over to Tahquamenon Falls then we will stay in St.Ignace tonight then back to being a troll lol that's what were called because we live below the bridge lol Its a Mi. thing

Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Burgman Executive
2007 Yamaha Majesty
2006 Yamaha Morphous-(2018 cannonball scoot)

Re: Tunnel of Trees

Postby minimac » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:43 am

I did the the same two years ago on my Hell(Mi.) to Paradise(U.P.) run. We had great weather and the Tunnel was cool and at peak. Leggs is a really neat place and the view is amazing. I've got a lot of great photos from there. Last year we did a trip to Copper Harbor, in the U.P. There is a micro brewery there that is outstanding. We spent an evening with the guy that owns it and he was a great story teller and shared how he got into the business after giving us a tour of the place. Of course there were many 'samples' of his wares! We then continued on to Lake of the Clouds on our trip around Lake Michigan, with stops at Lambeau Field, Milwaukee, and Chicago,all in the rain.
This year, I was only able to do the Midnight Run from Grand Rapids to St. Ignace. It was a well organized, monstrous run, with well over 800 riders participating. It was amazing to see all of the people that lined up at 3 and 4am to wave as we rode by.

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”