Edmonton to Dawson yukon

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
Plumber8939
Motorcycle: 1996 1500se

Edmonton to Dawson yukon

Postby Plumber8939 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:53 am

On August 5th we are planning on leaving from Edmonton to Dawson. Any ideas on stops? How is the gas situation? I'm pulling a les ure lite tent trailer my girlfriend has her own bike. Any camping suggestions? As to where? Google mays shows it being a 30 hour ride. We are thinking of 10 hours a day but I know that will change because of the fuel stops and such. The plan is to ride straight there and take our time on return trip.

CMReynolds1
Motorcycle: 2013 F6B

Re: Edmonton to Dawson yukon

Postby CMReynolds1 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:13 am

I don't have any info I can share, but would love to hear how it goes. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Attachments
Ride Safe,
Taz

TF 116, RivRon 512, Can Tho, S. Vietnam, 8/66-/9/68, GM(G)2

RoadRogue
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Postby RoadRogue » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:56 pm

I asume you plan on riding upto Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson etc. Make sure you stop in at the Liard Hot Springs. Get a copy of the mile post, its a book put out every year that tells you what the road has to offer mile by mile on the AlCan.where to camp, fuel stops food etc.
If going up the AlCan return via hwy 37, take a right at Watson Lake head south past Dease lake to Meziadin Junct. May as well go into the town Stuart while you are there and see the glaciers. Its just a couple miles from Stuart to Hyder Alaska.
Back to Meziadin Junct. And south again toward Kitwanga, into Terrace if you like or push onto Prince George and take hwy 16 back to Edmonton.
The Mosquitoes are huge up that way, make sure you have lots of repellant with you. The locals use high percentage Deet repelants like Muskol. Smells a bit but if everyone wears it you dont notice. Make sure to pack your fishing rod, theres alot of very good fishing to be had in most any lake or stream. 8-)
Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

Plumber8939
Motorcycle: 1996 1500se

Postby Plumber8939 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:14 am

Looking at google maps that looks like a great trip down highway 37 but also looks to be longer. I have to be back in Edmonton on the 16th and I've thought of picking up the milepost and then I heard some places listed in there are closed, I would hate to use it as a guide to a fuel stop only to get to a place and its shut down
If we have time on the return trip I will look at 37. We only plan on a couple of days in Dawson
Thanks for the info.

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”