Going from Utah to Brookings OR...any advice on the route?

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
Hazmeat
Motorcycle: 1994 GL 1500 SE

Going from Utah to Brookings OR...any advice on the route?

Postby Hazmeat » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:48 pm

Planning on riding with the wife to see a friend of her's in Brookings Oregon in a few weeks, looking at my choice of routes, the fastest is through Winnemucca NV and up. However, taking I-80 a little further to Reno and up I heard was very scenic...Or, what about north through Bosie ID?

As this is our first "long" ride, I'm looking for any suggestions on lodging and fuel stops along the way.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!!

I'm the one Mother warned you about...

CMReynolds1
Motorcycle: 2013 F6B

Re: Going from Utah to Brookings OR...any advice on the route?

Postby CMReynolds1 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:55 pm

My recommendation would be the Winnemucca route to come here. Boise route would put you too far north and even if you get off in Burns or somewhere like that and come across it isn't that great this year. A lot of fire damage to the scenery. However, going home I would suggest coming up to Portland and then taking either Hwy 14 in Washington or I84 in Oregon and go east. You will be going thru the Columbia Gorge and it is a great ride. Goggle Columbia Gorge and see what they show. The Oregon side is Interstate and moves at 60/65 MPH. 65 is the most you can do legally in Oregon! But the Hwy 14 (Washington side) goes thru several small towns and has the same view. You would just want to come back over at Biggs Junction or at the latest, Umatilla. Hwy 14 starts going NE from there and I84 starts going SE from there. I have attached a small map of what I am talking about from a map program I have. PM me with any questions. Take care.
Attachments
Ride Safe,
Taz

TF 116, RivRon 512, Can Tho, S. Vietnam, 8/66-/9/68, GM(G)2

Hazmeat
Motorcycle: 1994 GL 1500 SE

Re: Going from Utah to Brookings OR...any advice on the route?

Postby Hazmeat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:42 am

Thanks for all of the great advice, I'll run the idea through my Honey and see what she would like to do. I'll keep you posted and hopefully get some good pictures to share!
I'm the one Mother warned you about...

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”