west coast to east coast

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
Brad`s 2nd time
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Goldwing Aspencade 1982 GL500 Silverwing

west coast to east coast

Postby Brad`s 2nd time » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Well there is no turning back now, my wife and I are leaving apr.30 for 30 days, leaving the Kootenays heading for the east coast. First stop after work Cranbrook, day two somewhere between medicine hat or moosejaw, then down to the states aiming for deluth, between the great lakes to sault st. marie, cross that province and back into the states. Aiming for bangor maine across the ferry to digby ns. finally up around the cabot trail and back across to home. Thanks to a few friends ,Todd, Melcome, John, and lots of help through these forums .Both 1982 bikes a gl1100 aspencade and a gl500 silverwing trans continental ,we call it that, if you`re out along that route feel free to give us a shout maybe cover a cpl. miles . Take care and we will keep you up to date.

Brad from Thrums

Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Re: west coast to east coast

Postby harvey01 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Best wishes for a fun and safe trip! You will enjoy the Cabot Trail around northern NS. Absolutely gorgeous! Stop in Baddeck and go to the Alexander G Bell museum and learn about the beginning of aviation in Canada.

Expect to hit some cold weather!

The thing I dislike about cross country trips is there is so much to see and so little time.

And make sure you have the necessary paperwork for all border crossings!
Ride Safe and Ride Often

Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Burgman Executive
2007 Yamaha Majesty
2006 Yamaha Morphous-(2018 cannonball scoot)

Postby minimac » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:52 am

That sounds like a great trip. If hitting Niagara Falls, follow the Seaway Trail on the US side into New England. Be safe-have fun!

Dan J
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade

Postby Dan J » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:37 am

My rig in the Quebec Province camping along the St. Lawrence river
My rig in the Quebec Province camping along the St. Lawrence river

I did a similar ride last year covering 12,000 miles going from Southern California to New Foundland. You are going to have so much fun!!! Make sure when you ride the Cabot Trail that you do it in a counterclockwise direction. That way you are always on the ocean side of the road. Good luck and have a save and happy trip. Note: although I have a nice 83 Aspencade I just can't seem to pull myself away from the old Loop Frame Guzzi. Maybe as I become more familiar with the Aspencade I will be able to.

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”