Back to Nova Scotia

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
onelostsock
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800HPNA

Back to Nova Scotia

Postby onelostsock » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:55 pm

This year(first week of Sept) my better half and will be going back to Nova Scotia to do the Cabot Trail. We will take the new ferry out of St. John New Brunswick,across the Bay of Fundy to Digby, N.S. From there we will take 2 days and stay at 2 B&Bs then to Troy, on Cape Breton to stay in a rental cottage for 2 days. While there we will do the Fortress at Louisbourg and then the Cabot Trail on the next day. Then head back towards Digby( stopping when the mood strikes us) staying at the Clockmakers Inn and the Admiral Inn in Digby the day before we take the ferry back to N.B. and head home to Maine. Wish we could take more time but our critter sitter(my step-daughter) says a week taking care of 2 horses and 2 busy dogs is long enough! Glad she will at least do this and has for the last 10 years each year. Hopefully the weather co-operates. Hope everybody has a chance to get away for a time this year. At least I did the brake recall(3rd time) so that is one less thing to worry about(we hope). :D

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Back to Nova Scotia

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:15 pm

onelostsock wrote:This year(first week of Sept) my better half and will be going back to Nova Scotia to do the Cabot Trail. We will take the new ferry out of St. John New Brunswick,across the Bay of Fundy to Digby, N.S. From there we will take 2 days and stay at 2 B&Bs then to Troy, on Cape Breton to stay in a rental cottage for 2 days. While there we will do the Fortress at Louisbourg and then the Cabot Trail on the next day. Then head back towards Digby( stopping when the mood strikes us) staying at the Clockmakers Inn and the Admiral Inn in Digby the day before we take the ferry back to N.B. and head home to Maine. Wish we could take more time but our critter sitter(my step-daughter) says a week taking care of 2 horses and 2 busy dogs is long enough! Glad she will at least do this and has for the last 10 years each year. Hopefully the weather co-operates. Hope everybody has a chance to get away for a time this year. At least I did the brake recall(3rd time) so that is one less thing to worry about(we hope). :D

My recommendation would be to do the Cabot Trail counterclockwise - so that you are in the outside lane, giving you a far better view of the cliffs and ocean and such as you go. It's a beautiful ride, I hope to do it again one day.

onelostsock
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800HPNA

Re: Back to Nova Scotia

Postby onelostsock » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:02 pm

Thanks WA. That was my plan. My wife and I also did the circumnavigation of the Gaspe Peninsula,QC 2 years ago and also did it counter clockwise. That ,BTW is also a great ride and a beautiful part of Quebec and very friendly people to boot! We would highly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to ride that route. I look forward to our week off and hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Return to “Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings”